Saturday's Racing

johnMi

One positive step we should do to make the racing fairer, i.e. to reduce the chances of only a few boats finishing.

The Time Limit for the first boat to finish should be reduced from 3.5 to 3 hours.

The Time limit thereafter should be increased from 60 minutes to 90 minutes.

So if the first boat finishes within 3 hours, the last boat still has a total of 4.5 hours to finish.

Tim

Still doesn't work for me... :problem:

My handicap is 0.9, TVS 1.8

TVS could finish in 2 hrs 59 and I could finish at 4 hrs 35. I would still win theoretically, but be DNF'd

How about leaving TVS out and use 888 (1.5), same results. :wtf: :wtf:

Step One:

Lets agree that a 3 hour Limit for the first boat and 90 minutes thereafter is substantially fairer than the current Time Limits. As it includes all boats finishing within 50% of the first boat (at worst) compared with only 28% as the Time Limit currently stands.

We need to consider if we extend it further whether its fair on the Race Committee to expect them to be out there passed 5.30pm, which in Winter is getting very dark.

i'd say that's where the 4.5 hour total cut off came from and from their point of view I can see that as being 100% fair enough.

We should also agree if the RC choose a course where the first boat does finish in 2 hours 59 that they have chosen too long a course.

Bear in mind so far the first boat is generally taking 1.5 to 2 hours.

At least if we agree to the suggested change we are making positive change in the right direction to keep all multihulls involved and interested.

Guest mental outlook

The reaction to a possibly one-off event is over the top. It is unfair of us to demand anything else from the RC for this series so why don't we just leave things as they are until the summer series. That way we can all sit down and work out what is best when there is more time, not half way through a series.

Guys, for people looking-on it comes across like even the smallest thing is a drama with 'Multi' people. It is not a good way to attract new people to multi's. Leave the 'debates' for AGM's/Committee meetings etc, not over a public forum. It just looks disorganised and unprofessional.

We need to consider if we extend it further whether its fair on the Race Committee to expect them to be out there passed 5.30pm, which in Winter is getting very dark.

If they didn't make it so long it wouldn't be a problem, why should I be penalised for their mistake.

AE has already been disadvantaged, and I want to make sure I'm not.

Mental Outlook, what boat are you on.

You say it looks bad to new Multi owners, well it needs to get fixed, cos nothing looks worse than new multi owners being DNF'd

..and..

Ask AE crew whether it's 'a smallest issue' for me it's not. Race committee made a mistake once (at least twice in the last yr), they could do it again. All I'm trying to do is highlight the problem

Guys, for people looking-on it comes across like even the smallest thing is a drama with 'Multi' people. It is not a good way to attract new people to multi's. Leave the 'debates' for AGM's/Committee meetings etc, not over a public forum. It just looks disorganised and unprofessional.

Totally agree, we have an awesome day showcasing the boats last sunday and then this crap played out in public, it doesn't help anyone. The AGM is later this month I believe.

Tim

Still doesn't work for me... :problem:

My handicap is 0.9, TVS 1.8

TVS could finish in 2 hrs 59 and I could finish at 4 hrs 35. I would still win theoretically, but be DNF'd

How about leaving TVS out and use 888 (1.5), same results. :wtf: :wtf:

I can't believe that nobody has suggested a minimum speed requirement to qualify for the 8.5 class.

Surley you guys need to clean the class up?

A bit like soccer does, drop the under performers down to the 'under 26 lead mine club' :lol:

I can't believe that nobody has suggested a minimum speed requirement to qualify for the 8.5 class.

Surley you guys need to clean the class up?

The trouble is, Paddy O this isn't about the 8.5 class, if it was it wouldn't be an issue. We're not sailing only against 8.5s but also the open class. I wanna make it fair for all, and I know there are slower boats than me, just that they don't race at the moment. If they did they'd get DNF'd straight away.

Maybe I need to alter the drift here and push for 2 divs, trouble is, then Tim W and TWU you guys will be the ones to miss out.

I'm keen for all to sail together, don't care how late I finish, but will fight to not be DNF'd unfairly.

Mental outlook, this will never effect you as it does me.

A little bit off topic...

Totally agree, we have an awesome day showcasing the boats last sunday and then this crap played out in public, it doesn't help anyone.

This is total rubbish, nothing wrong with a good debate, crew.org is a great site, alot of people read it.

Which Forum outranks all other class forums by miles, and why is that?

Cos Multihullers are passionate. Some of the topics recently

Rob Denny at the Clubhouse

Collisions on the harbour while racing

Singlehander

How many multis are being or have been built that we follow on this forum. I can think of at least 5 without counting them.

Even the monoslug skippers read this forum cos they have nothing to compare to it.

So, if you think it's doing damage to the Multi 'Media' think again.

If you don't like it, don't read it, and certainly, Don't reply to it!

I was just thinking..... If I was to race a proa, what would my time limit be ?

Because one hull is shorter than the other I would feel unfairly disadvantaged if my time limit was set from the finish time of a boat that had 2 or 3 complete hulls.

John, Im going to stand up and say what others wont... Your whinging, and its stupid. You didnt get disadvantaged so stop playing the harddone by housewife card and get on with sailing.

If AE had a problem they would have spoken up, Their series wasnt featuring anyhow seeing as it was their first race.

Maddock is right this sounds like a pack of girls whining because things didnt go their way. Moving onto the next subject now...

Its all perspective John. Obviously you arent enjoying the amount of time you are spending on the water enough. If you are slow then how about you just make better use of the time?

post-2823-141887183258.jpg

MM

John, Im going to stand up and say what others wont... Your whinging, and its stupid. You didnt get disadvantaged so stop playing the harddone by housewife card and get on with sailing.

If AE had a problem they would have spoken up,

You're right I didn't get disadvantaged.... so tell me... how am I whinging?

If AE had complained you would have been bleating on that he was whinging!

Once again MM if you think it's stupid, Don't Bloody READ it!

Its all perspective John. Obviously you arent enjoying the amount of time you are spending on the water enough. If you are slow then how about you just make better use of the time?

Finally, a post on this thread with something worthwhile in it......so SM, what are their names and how old are they???? :D

just saw this thread,....i guess bret hasnt seen it yet,

the only problem A&E had last race was there wasnt enough wind...yes we were miffed that the committee baot packed up as we approached the finish...but ....never mind.

if it had been blowing 20-30...we would of been up prolly half way in the field. guess that hapens if you have one of the older heavier (stronger) 8.5's. (here come the excuses.... i guess we needed the No. 1 genoa fixed and hoisted... and the bottom cleaned and...

Archived