Single handed race

johnMi

I want to race singlehanded and willing to put up $100 for a handicap winner using racetrack as the handicap. It's gotta be at least 20 nautical miles and say on the 9th January. $10 entry, and all to go to the handicap winner. Start to be at most 20nm from Okahu bay

The Line winner stays at finish mark and takes the time for the next boat who takes the time fror the next boat etc, etc (like Weiti Boating club). Times from GPS. Standard rules apply.Restricted, unless more than 10 want it open

Disclaimer! This is NOT an organised race, all competitors do so under their own responsibility.

Let me know what you guys suggest for course (Not up and down the inner harbour) interested

I'd be in (and help with the prize/s) like a rocket but me boats broken. It has 'become one' with the seabed I suspect. 9th Feb I could, she'll have her new bottom by then.

I want to race singlehanded and willing to put up $100 for a handicap winner using racetrack as the handicap. It's gotta be at least 20 nautical miles and say on the 9th January. $10 entry, and all to go to the handicap winner. Start to be at most 20nm from Okahu bay

The Line winner stays at finish mark and takes the time for the next boat who takes the time fror the next boat etc, etc (like Weiti Boating club). Times from GPS. Standard rules apply.Restricted, unless more than 10 want it open

Disclaimer! This is NOT an organised race, all competitors do so under their own responsibility.

Let me know what you guys suggest for course (Not up and down the inner harbour) interested

Bloody good thinking! :clap:

This is how yacht racing should be! :thumbup:

Accessable, cheap, easy, no bullshit, and fun. :D

On the 6th and 7th of February BBYC has 2 single handed races - Orapui and back. I'm planning on attempting my first single handed race then, god help me.

Is it open to Multihulls? You could ask I guess - Truxton would be good competition for you I'd guess.

On the 6th and 7th of February BBYC has 2 single handed races - Orapui and back. I'm planning on attempting my first single handed race then, god help me.

Ah ha, so we meet on the wet stuff quite soonish then ;)

It's a bloody good and very well run event that one. You'll enjoy it LM and probably learn a pile in the process, that can't be a bad thing.

Ah ha, so we meet on the wet stuff quite soonish then ;)

It's a bloody good and very well run event that one. You'll enjoy it LM and probably learn a pile in the process, that can't be a bad thing.

Yep - looking forward to it - haven't done stuff all sailing so far this year due to new baby but I have secured a weekend off :-).

John - I see from the other thread you can't do this one, which is a pity - I've asked them previously if they were going to allow multis to race (it being a yacht club and Multis being yachts after all) they were going to consider the question last I heard. They allow them for Major rum m races and had Lucifer as their front page story in the club magizine a while ago so they may be thinking of opening up the definition of "Keeler" a bit more.

just put your entry in, there is nothing in the rules that say you have to be a keeler, and definatley have had multis before. The current rear commodore who has the final say on sailing issues has been on holiday but is back working today. I have to talk him today anyway to push the BMW thing so I will let him know that you are planning on entering.

Archived