Cape 2 Cape

SloopJohnB

Um, I might be in the wrong race (again!) but I don't think racing starts for another 11 hours does it?

(or is this an april fools for the nothern hemisphere and I just got sucked in?? :oops: )

This timing business is getting too complex when you don't have the time to watch races. I put in a comment to SOL if count down timers could be put ion each race. But they don't see it as important. Fair enough in some respects, but if that is the case, I think they need to reu e the number of races waiting to start. It's getting far too messy and confusing for us out side of the their zone.

Paul or someone with a little more clout on SOL than me, could you perhaps discuss this issue with the powers that be over there.

Can someone please steer me. I am in sounds and BLOODY XT NOT WORKING OUT HERE!!!!!

I got a fraction of a signal to get this post off.

Will let you know when we are back on line proper.

Can someone please steer me. I am in sounds and BLOODY XT NOT WORKING OUT HERE!!!!!

I got a fraction of a signal to get this post off.

Will let you know when we are back on line proper.

No worries. I'm there for you buddy

Thanks mate. I currently have connection but don't know how reliable or long lasting, so if only you see me disapperaring off into the wild blue yonder, then make a course correction for me. Thanks mate.

Is it my end, or is there a SOL problem loading weather info?? I have no weather arrows or any wind speed info.

Might just be your end I think :(

I have swung 180 degree on the mooring and have two bars signal and everything works fast. I have all the weather info, so yeah it was my end. If I seem to stray off in a lame direction, and you haven't heard from me, then feel free to take the helm. But at least today/tonight we should be OK.....I think. I still lose connection if the boat moves too much.

I have swung 180 degree on the mooring and have two bars signal and everything works fast. I still lose connection if the boat moves too much.

:thumbup: that would explain your course of late.....knotme would explain it a little differently .. something about a mad womens waste products :silent:

Hey, I heard that and you are probably quiet right :)

One day I'm going to remember to start another race on time.

2010 does seem to be the year of 'running well late at the start gun' on all sailing fronts for me :?

Twas on Whyheke on the weekend but the Wa wouldn't let me see if YY was around for 'only a quite coffee, dear'. The bitch knows me way too well and even though she doesn't know YY I suspect she has inklings a gathering could easily go bad, in that fun bloke way :)

Must say Oneroa was going off. People and traffic jambs all over the show along with a now few well off shop owners who ignored the Easter trading ban, good on them. Now we just need to to ignore the no alcohol rule as well. I was willing to pay big for cold beer :lol:

Sorry all, but been away myself.

Yet to catch up on SoL Forums & Race committee but will check out comments.

I look at the time the NEXT start is and just put in a delayed commnd for the "whole" hours. Therefore my command must happen sometime in the "60 minutes" before the start.

I then check in the delayed command tab & refresh and there should be my command some part of the hour before the start.

I'm still uncertain how the "processing order" of DC's happens and heaps of others wlways seem to get the jump on me at the start, after which I normally descend to a mid fleet level.

Oh woe is me :thumbdown:

I am away all weekend from this morning, can anyone drive the "Sloop".

Its in 27th and the leading NZL. So please keep it there. :wink:

Thanks

Crickey you guys what do you do to the "Sloop" ?????

27th to 384th :( Not bad first to last NZL :clap: :clap:

Back to 342th.......... lucky its only a make believe race. :lol: :lol: :lol: otherwise a man could get depressed.

By the way the "Warbirds over Wanaka" was great.

Oh so frustrating. I get signal when the boat is just at the right angle. A few degree's either way and nothing. I have gone all over the bay with that laptop (and nearly got it soaked) but nothing anywhere. It must be a bunce off the mast or something. So yes YY, I am all over the place with my course. I have spent an hr this morning trying to get the connection. About to move on, so hopefully I will have better luck next stop. Then again, it maybe nothing at all. So if I am off to Oz latter, can some one steer me.

Actually I am almost tempted to steer a course directly for the line and say to hell with it.

I am away all weekend from this morning, can anyone drive the "Sloop".

Its in 27th and the leading NZL. So please keep it there. :wink:

Thanks

Crickey you guys what do you do to the "Sloop" ?????

27th to 384th :( Not bad first to last NZL :clap: :clap:

Dude, you were never 27th for the actual race - only in the practice. When practicing all dreams are free :)

You started a few hours late in the actual race as you didn't set a DC and I didn't check on you soon enough - sorry :oops:

Dude, you were never 27th for the actual race - only in the practice. When practicing all dreams are free :)

You started a few hours late in the actual race as you didn't set a DC and I didn't check on you soon enough - sorry :oops:

Bloody hell I was under the impression that I had started the actual race, as I didn't normally did the practice races.

But looking back at the start time, the raced started when I was in Wanaka.

Thanks for starting me.

I must have had too many of KM's Easter bunnies. :wink: a ............. overload.

Archived