This Weekend's Achievements

Yes, the mighty Ratz. She's always been my favorite Piedy, mainly because she was built to plan and hasn't had the cabin or shear lines messed with. She's also a quick hull with a good rig. Everything else is replaceable.

Good to hear Ratz has a good home. Shes a cool boat - and quick! Had a wild ride in her when the tiller broke clean off - while on the blast with the kite on - she kept tracking straight and we managed to keep her going through the finish line before dropping the kite with no wipe out.

I think she has a double cockpit, a new self draining one above the original not-self-draining one!

Here you go.

Damit - I'm slipping! I can't name all those Piedys!

I've got: Ratz, Dangermouse, Smiler, Rumgo, Triumph, Infats, Bomba, ?, ?, Motamouse, Suspect Device, The Damp, Rat Catcher, Loose Unit and Red Label

Anyone figure out who those others are?

Good to hear Ratz has a good home. Shes a cool boat - and quick! Had a wild ride in her when the tiller broke clean off - while on the blast with the kite on - she kept tracking straight and we managed to keep her going through the finish line before dropping the kite with no wipe out.

I think she has a double cockpit, a new self draining one above the original not-self-draining one!

I remember Lachie explaining to me that the inaccessible void between the two cockpit floors is where the boats love is kept. There used to be a small gap, but an actual rat climbed in there and died. So they sealed the gap and contained the smell. Can’t wait to lift that floor….. I only remember this because as soon as he’d finished the story, a very drunk Paul (Danger Mouse) who was staring at Lachies hot new girlfriend during the whole story, without breaking eye contact with her he threw up on her lap.

I remember Lachie explaining to me that the inaccessible void between the two cockpit floors is where the boats love is kept. There used to be a small gap, but an actual rat climbed in there and died. So they sealed the gap and contained the smell. Can’t wait to lift that floor….. I only remember this because as soon as he’d finished the story, a very drunk Paul (Danger Mouse) who was staring at Lachies hot new girlfriend during the whole story, without breaking eye contact with her he threw up on her lap.

I couldn't imagine him doing that -he was such a refined gentleman. Here he is at his finest:

Paul.JPG

Went down to Ratz today, took the covers off, lifted a bunk board and disturbed the largest ants nest I've ever seen. Had to abandon ship! Not sure what they're eating..... Unless they're a special breed of ants that can live on rot. If that's the case then life is probably pretty good for them!

P1010724a.jpg

not sure if nz has carpenter ants, but they are big buggers who like to live in soft rotted woods

unlike termites they can't actually eat the wood but they will chew up soft woods into sawdust sized bits and then cart them off to throw outside and leave termite looking channels and egg galleries etc

leave some ant poison for them if you have a week or so or just spray the hell out of them and come back next day with a vacuum cleaner

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/publicat ... iscoveries

not sure if nz has carpenter ants, but they are big buggers who like to live in soft rotted woods

unlike termites they can't actually eat the wood but they will chew up soft woods into sawdust sized bits and then cart them off to throw outside and leave termite looking channels and egg galleries etc

leave some ant poison for them if you have a week or so or just spray the hell out of them and come back next day with a vacuum cleaner

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/publicat ... iscoveries

Thankfully these guys looked like your regular old ants. Just a huge quantity of them with piles of eggs etc.

Re: Mount Gay Caption CompetitionPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm giving this one to Grinna

Jordan - that was really good - call me when you are old enough to drink legally and I'll reconsider.

BTW what is the legal drinking age in NZ, I'm so far past it, I don't normally care.

won a bottle of rum off dear old squid :thumbup:

Re: Mount Gay Caption CompetitionPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm giving this one to Grinna

Jordan - that was really good - call me when you are old enough to drink legally and I'll reconsider.

BTW what is the legal drinking age in NZ, I'm so far past it, I don't normally care.

won a bottle of rum off dear old squid :thumbup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was such a good one you should so get a bottle.....doyals new for him/her add :D :D

Got Wild Thing back from the BOI. 16 hour trip all up. Got a surprise just around Brett when the bunk hatches appeared to be floating downstairs! On closer inspection it turns out we had a leak in the outboard well and we were taking on a lot of water. A top came off a fuel can and we added a bit of fuel to the 200L of water sloshing around. Bailed that out over a few hours and did some spewing. and haven't felt right since! Looking forward to the Route 66!

Thanks to Luke & Stephen for your help on the trip back.

Got Wild Thing back from the BOI. 16 hour trip all up. Got a surprise just around Brett when the bunk hatches appeared to be floating downstairs! On closer inspection it turns out we had a leak in the outboard well and we were taking on a lot of water. A top came off a fuel can and we added a bit of fuel to the 200L of water sloshing around. Bailed that out over a few hours and did some spewing. and haven't felt right since! Looking forward to the Route 66!

Thanks to Luke & Stephen for your help on the trip back.

No problems mate :thumbup: