Devonport Single handed race

Changed

Damn just loaded what seems around 3000kg of cruising gear back aboard for Easter.

Hmmm... pondering but a possibility for sure.

Yup, I did it last year I think I ll give it a crack again. CAn u use tiller pilot ? i did nt last year but think i saw others using auto helms. Cant see anything on DYC re this. My piece of string and bungy around tiller skills are not so flash...

The string/bungy is a hard one to master in smaller/lighter boats. You usually set it up so you are free to go forward but the second you leave the cockpit, the balance of the boat changes and off you go. I say this as someone who has done more than one circle lying flat and holding on to the foredeck in my life. :crazy:

The string/bungy is a hard one to master in smaller/lighter boats. You usually set it up so you are free to go forward but the second you leave the cockpit, the balance of the boat changes and off you go. I say this as someone who has done more than one circle lying flat and holding on to the foredeck in my life. :crazy:

Have you tried a looped line around the stanchion bases to the tiller so you can trim the helm from the foredeck / shrouds / mast etc.?

Archived