Hear all about PredictWind.com

Pink Caddy

Jon Bilger will be telling the members of the Cruising & Navigation Assn all about predictwind.com - his online weather forecasting system, on Monday evening 10 October 2011, starting at 7:30pm, at Richmond Yacht Club, Westhaven.

We welcome visitors who wish to come and hear this talk - free entry.

More information on the Cruising & Navigation Assn: http://www.cananz.org.nz

Ask Jon about filming the presentation. He is likely to have the gear... all you need is someone with a digital camera really...

The youtube does not need to be live streamed (although that'd be really cool). For people outside of Auckland it would be nice to be able to watch it. We subsrcibe to predictwind.com (we are in Wellington) and it is awesome. I'd love to see Jon talk about it.

Ask Jon about filming the presentation. He is likely to have the gear... all you need is someone with a digital camera really...

The youtube does not need to be live streamed (although that'd be really cool). For people outside of Auckland it would be nice to be able to watch it. We subsrcibe to predictwind.com (we are in Wellington) and it is awesome. I'd love to see Jon talk about it.

I would love to see this too.

Sorry guys, much as I would like to work out how to do this, I don't have time in the next few hours to work it out.

If someone can bring along the gear and the skills and do it, they will be very welcome.

As long as someone takes a digital video camera, that is all you need. (A tripod would be a bounus). Everything alse is done after the fact and is quite easy.

As I said earlier, I didn't have time to figure out U-tube and no-one with the skills showed up.

You were all welcome to come and do it.

I also had concerns as to how the projected information shown from the PredictWind website would have been shown - that would require editing in. I wonder if just using a camera would have shown very much.

Yes, it was a fascinating talk.

Archived