Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 1

SloopJohnB

I've just had my user name changed to NZL_NevP and am registered for the race.

Rigger, all I did was send a request to crew@sailport.se asking nicely to have my name changed and it was done overnight. I got the address from the SOL forums where there have been a few requests for name changes.

Yes it is so much easier now. Originally the developers would only do changes in batches of 5 names or more; hence the need to combine several changes into one email. I even offered to do the changes from here but they said it boat name changes had to be done on the server.

Then other countries moaned and so now changes are easier to be made. Still many countries are so big that those on different coasts do knot know each other.

Just had my name changed to NZL_Bsailor, easy as :thumbup:

Yes easy as now, but 2+ years ago, it was a lot harder

for the NZL_* team of RADICALS, PIRATES and RUM drinkers.

Imagine how upset all the Europeans were that we thought of this first, but worse than that, we ACHIEVED it first from the Far Side of the World.

Two years ago, we were even presented at the official prizegiving a large bottle of Rum from a real yacht club = Royal Akarana (THANKS :thumbup: ) for combining with SoL in the Around White Island Race.

Currently there is a lot of chat and SoL forum comments about trying to link with real races, but yet again, the NZL_* team has been there, done that and drunk all the rum. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I suppose it's time to wind up the new SoL posters. :shh:

The tenacled one bi-polar disease and can't decide which yacht is the most deserving: simply Squid or becoming a team player as NZL_Squid. Either way concentration is a big issue :wink:

Well, had retired from this nonsense but figured what the hey, why not have some routine back in me life.

Looking forward to the next 9 months of your company.

and on a side. the guy I emailed wasnt happy about the fact that im not a SYC member.

Thats totally unfair, pay your money. :wink:

Im going to send him back an email to ask if i can pay it $3 a month :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a roll call. :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is always 1 in the crowd that has to be different, but he does live in a world of his own on an island. :wink:

He used to be like all the others using PROPER capitalisation but he couldn't handle the pressure, Using the SHIFT key required too much multi-tasking, so he has sought the island isolation and Dead Man's Rum. :lol:

Noteably he was FIRST off the pier after last nights race so he must of become more unsociable as well

OR

Other islanders were about to help themselves to his rum stocks. :D

Is it possible to change my name and put NZL in front so I can be at the after race party?

To late, you look from the outside. :wink:

But because you are such a good guy you should able to log in with your old details.

I can pm them to you.

Just checked your old details still work.

NZL_Silverhail is in. Too good an opportunity to miss. Same contact details as before PaulR (hopefully I haven't dropped off your spreadsheet since its been ages since I SOL'd)

Archived