Sign in to follow this  
SloopJohnB

Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 1

So send me a PM with:

Boats Name

Password

Phone Number

Your real name

Real email address (as I cannot send the excel spreadsheet by PM to you.)

I've just had my user name changed to NZL_NevP and am registered for the race.

Rigger, all I did was send a request to crew@sailport.se asking nicely to have my name changed and it was done overnight. I got the address from the SOL forums where there have been a few requests for name changes.

Yes it is so much easier now. Originally the developers would only do changes in batches of 5 names or more; hence the need to combine several changes into one email. I even offered to do the changes from here but they said it boat name changes had to be done on the server.

Then other countries moaned and so now changes are easier to be made. Still many countries are so big that those on different coasts do knot know each other.

Just had my name changed to NZL_Bsailor, easy as :thumbup:

Yes easy as now, but 2+ years ago, it was a lot harder

for the NZL_* team of RADICALS, PIRATES and RUM drinkers.

Imagine how upset all the Europeans were that we thought of this first, but worse than that, we ACHIEVED it first from the Far Side of the World.

Two years ago, we were even presented at the official prizegiving a large bottle of Rum from a real yacht club = Royal Akarana (THANKS :thumbup: ) for combining with SoL in the Around White Island Race.

Currently there is a lot of chat and SoL forum comments about trying to link with real races, but yet again, the NZL_* team has been there, done that and drunk all the rum. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I suppose it's time to wind up the new SoL posters. :shh:

The tenacled one bi-polar disease and can't decide which yacht is the most deserving: simply Squid or becoming a team player as NZL_Squid. Either way concentration is a big issue :wink: