Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 1

SloopJohnB

Easy to say in hindsight ...Wairua.

Still, there was more wind out west & made for easier sailing. Interesting to see that even the Pro's had different ideas on which way to go.

Good sailing for me now - heading maximum BS for the wind, pretty much as mark, in decent pressure. Will be hard to pass now, I think follow the leader stuff. I don't see the 1st hundred boats go off in different directions. Think it will be a matter of getting south 1st before thinking abut going west after the mark rounding ...

For anyone who is entering could you please let me know your details of your username and so on so I can update our virtual progress with the actual race fleet. I liked how we did it with the coastal so were going to have another crack at it.

SmithyBoat 1 and SmithyBoat 2.... Currently about 60,000th..

For anyone who is entering could you please let me know your details of your username and so on so I can update our virtual progress with the actual race fleet. I liked how we did it with the coastal so were going to have another crack at it.

Are you playing that vorg GAME, we are racing with the proper sailing SIMULATOR on SOL. :wink: :lol: :lol:

We let you join us for the next leg. :)

Are you playing that vorg GAME, we are racing with the proper sailing SIMULATOR on SOL. :wink: :lol: :lol:

We let you join us for the next leg. :)

Yeah sorry, diferent game.. Still fun.

What have you been up to squid? I have taken nearly 100nm out of you by just soaking down on this gybe instead of gybing every 6 hours. Im enjoying the squid hunting again :)

post-10945-141887191434.jpg

Ive gybed to match you now and it will be interesting to see who comes out on top as your not sailing a good angle there mr squid. the wind is letting me come down a little bit so even if you do beat me on the cross, you wont have the 100+nm lead that you did

Archived