Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 2

SloopJohnB

Well what a leg, fighting the TCZ and the pirates.

Well done REG for been the first NZLer, and the other 11 NZL'er who have finished.

I am setting up a placing spreadsheet for the NZLer.

Please note SJB and SJB jnr finished 2nd and 3rd. :clap: :clap:

Started nearly a day late in 950th place, finished 296th and that's with patchy checking in, hence 2 large tactical blunders leaving me badly on the wrong side of 2 large shifts.

Also finished knot that far, only an hour or 2, behind some NZL's who started on time ;)

Well done Reg, SJB amd SJB Jnr, nice sailing there guys.

You using routing Sloop?

You using routing Sloop?

No, if I was, I would follow the leaders, I try to keep away from them as I am knot a sheep, and just go my merry way (fliers). :D :D

I do look ahead a few days to see what the weather could be like when I get there, mainly SOTP stuff, which include leaving the boat on twa for a couple days over christmas instead of cc. :oops: :oops:

Thanks guys - what a leg, very long & complicated with the different low wind speed areas, unsettled winds & ever changing tactics. Forced myself to look more long term (1 week out) vs. shorter term gains. Managed to get a nice holiday in and didn't lose to much time with very infrequent boat checks. Looking forward to the Jan 14 start - see you all there. Congrats to all finishers, and a shout out to Scotsman for his roll of the dice tactics. Also check out the forum in SOL on leg2 tactics.

Archived