Out on the Gulf. So who is where???

wheels

I came back yesterday after a week at Kawau. Couldn't ask for a better week away - a lay through with a nice sailing breeze in both directions and easy anchoring the whole time (albeit the boats all facing in random directions and trying to mate with each other). Best fishing: mansion house bay on christmas eve).

Still sitting in rocky Bay waiting for Shanson to make up his mind :wink: :wink: :lol:

A bit breezy during the day, but it has been calm at night. Last night we got the odd puff come through and then back to calm.

i was to take the family out on the good ship oracle to barrier...but am now in the office working ....got a deadline at the end of january....

will most likely head out to barrier on sunday (new year) ...for a week....(of where the weahter takes us now....preferably with sandy beaches for the kids to play on...

We had to come in early. Had the Genset running and suddenly the Male Cat started meowing incesantly. Couldn't work out what was wrong with him, then the genset started running real slow. Huh?!? then I noticed smoke!!! phew!! just exhaust coming from the engine room air intake. The Exhaust must have come off and filled the engine room with exhaust and suffocating the genset causing it to belch even blacker exhaust and so on. After sucking all the exhaust out, I opened the hatch to find a very black room. So was not wanting to clamber down into that grime. so come home so i can get some detergent and give it all a wash down and then I can get in a see what has happened.

What a Great Sail home though. Not so great for those trying to slam out into it. 25Kts in places and at North Head the tide was going out against the wind. 30kts blowing out at our mooring, which made it interesting to unload the Cats and gear and get back to the car.

Will go back out after the rain now I think. Hopefully Sat or Sun depending on what happens with the weather.

Will go back out after the rain now I think. Hopefully Sat or Sun depending on what happens with the weather.

Sorry to hear that Wheels. Hope your genset probs are nothing major at all. Looking more like Wednesday unless you don't mind sailing in the rain.

We have hardly noticed the wind, haven't dragged, no one has dragged onto us, getting to the shops has been easy. Off to the movies now. 8)

It's gonna piss down with rain for the next few days according to the weather forecast. Who wants to be out in that?

Yeah gotta mow the seaweed every 2 weeks at the mo. :lol:

Just watched MI 4. Pretty good despite having Tom cruise in it!

Friday's going to be nasty Shane. Probably the worst. :cry: Even Saturday is going to be pretty full on out there. :( Plus the wind is swinging more to the North and Kawau will be close to head on from North Head. the wind does not drop till Sunday, but then it kind of drops to almost useless. :( Monday it swings to the South. :problem:

Pulled pin too, it was only ever looking reasonable for a few days, nice sail to Ponui on Boxing Day and a pretty quick trip home yesterday, but real lumpy with wind against tide. Didn't envy the boats that were heading out into it. Hoping for a longer trip in about a week.

We r setting at golf harbour marina with 3 kids one dog and the miss , met a couple with 4 boys on boat in the marina .nice family ,If weather stays much longer have to have new year in marina, lots of boats have come in !!any muithull at Kawau yet ? Ps we r at the end of L ,come on down if you r in the marina we r just setting around watching tv :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

We are still in Auckland, just keeping an eye on the weather.......breaking me to be honest.

We intend to get away tomorrow it reall depends on which model is right. 1st one is saying 25 from NW - not cool but wind finder is saying 12 to 15 from the N and clearing!

THe plan is to try to get to Kawau for NYE but happy to be anywhere to be honest as long as its on the boat!

Cheers 8)

We moved across the bay this morning and their was Marshall Law anchored. We dropped anchor, he saw us, pulled his anchor up and left :wink: :lol:

Smithy had to go back to Auckland. Pity we didn't realise he was here last night.

Hahaha. Must have looked bad wheels! Nothing personal! I didn't even see you until we started upping anchor. If we had known you were there the night before we would have come over! Went for a quick swim over at Ponui, then Back to Auckland as Mero's mate had to catch a plane back to Wellywood. Should be out Sunday/Monday with the rugrats. Destination unknown, but I'll call you and see if you are out. Might risk the Barrier but kids have to be back Friday, and Predict Wind is saying SW right through to Friday...

Merry Chrimble and happy new year all you Crewites. Hope to spot some of you out there next week! I'll bang the crew flag up. That was how I spotted Wheels! :thumbup:

A Saturday Squid! :shock: Oh dear... Anyway the forecast is crap for that night, so whatever is planned, it had better be indoors.

Nothing planned, Angela has to open the shop and will work till 5, are you aware of anything happening in our neck of the woods, assuming it is not persisting down.

Archived