Sign in to follow this  
wheels

Out on the Gulf. So who is where???

I came back yesterday after a week at Kawau. Couldn't ask for a better week away - a lay through with a nice sailing breeze in both directions and easy anchoring the whole time (albeit the boats all facing in random directions and trying to mate with each other). Best fishing: mansion house bay on christmas eve).

i was to take the family out on the good ship oracle to barrier...but am now in the office working ....got a deadline at the end of january....

will most likely head out to barrier on sunday (new year) ...for a week....(of where the weahter takes us now....preferably with sandy beaches for the kids to play on...

We had to come in early. Had the Genset running and suddenly the Male Cat started meowing incesantly. Couldn't work out what was wrong with him, then the genset started running real slow. Huh?!? then I noticed smoke!!! phew!! just exhaust coming from the engine room air intake. The Exhaust must have come off and filled the engine room with exhaust and suffocating the genset causing it to belch even blacker exhaust and so on. After sucking all the exhaust out, I opened the hatch to find a very black room. So was not wanting to clamber down into that grime. so come home so i can get some detergent and give it all a wash down and then I can get in a see what has happened.

What a Great Sail home though. Not so great for those trying to slam out into it. 25Kts in places and at North Head the tide was going out against the wind. 30kts blowing out at our mooring, which made it interesting to unload the Cats and gear and get back to the car.

Will go back out after the rain now I think. Hopefully Sat or Sun depending on what happens with the weather.

Will go back out after the rain now I think. Hopefully Sat or Sun depending on what happens with the weather.

Sorry to hear that Wheels. Hope your genset probs are nothing major at all. Looking more like Wednesday unless you don't mind sailing in the rain.

We have hardly noticed the wind, haven't dragged, no one has dragged onto us, getting to the shops has been easy. Off to the movies now. 8)

It's gonna piss down with rain for the next few days according to the weather forecast. Who wants to be out in that?

Yeah gotta mow the seaweed every 2 weeks at the mo. :lol:

Just watched MI 4. Pretty good despite having Tom cruise in it!