Out on the Gulf. So who is where???

wheels

Just back from a wedding in Nelson/Kaiteriteri - beautiful location but there was a strange blue-ish tinge to the sky and a weird round yellow glowing thing that seemed to be giving off lots of light and warmth during the day.

Anyway, back to habitually grey Auckland and thinking about heading out 2moro for a few more days, armed with wet weather gear and NO sunscreen.

Thank-you smithy. I was starting to think it was just me that stuff failed for. Glad someone else is sharing some of that burdon.

Just finished getting the genset all sorted again. Arrived out at the boat yesterday to find the house bank totaly dead flat. Not even enough to light and LED. A bilge pump float switch stuck on and with not alot of Sun all week, the bank went flat. All sorted now and charged up again. But as 125A of current was being thumbed back into the house bank, the isolator switch melted. So i had to bypass that.

Today I decided to attack some of the rot in the Cabin top.

Then came home and a guy had a Variant he was trying to get back to his mooring. It had a Marine farm growing from it and the speed he was going, I reckon he may have made the 300m to his mooring at around 9PM tonight, after the tide changed. So I tried towing him. I have a 15Hp and I had the throttle wide open and only just inching forward against the current. I had 10ltrs of fuel as was starting to think I may not have enough.

Had a Glamour weekend cruising at Waiheke with Royale. Great weather and a great spot picked by Royce! Was the first time with Tyler (the 2Yr Old flatmate) on the boat. He did suprisingly well! Including falling asleep in the cockpit on a beanbag listening to the Merc 15 humm away on the way home this arvo!

Guest Crafty 1
Crossing to the Barrier 2 days ago..

Man i did'nt know Barry Manilow was a sailor. that guy in the "perth shirt" is a dead ringer for BM. :thumbup: :lol:

Due to Rena we decided to drive to Waiheke, got to Man.O.War bay winery, just before Smithy. Had a platter and some vino - paradise!!! How lucky we are to live here in NZ!!!

Next week we hope to explore Tga harbour despite Rena - summertime and The living is easy!?!

Spent the weekend doing jobs on the boat just down the bay from Smithy

Now heading past the Frenchmans Cap.

Off to Corro for the week

Enjoy work :wave:

Man i did'nt know Barry Manilow was a sailor. that guy in the "perth shirt" is a dead ringer for BM. :thumbup: :lol:

Now that IS insulting! f*ck you Crafty one! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Trust you to make a song and dance about it...or maybe just a song, BM? :lol:

Do any of you lot know if you can get water at the sugar loaf in Coromandel Harbour ?

Or just at the wharf ?

Had water problems, now sorted but down to last tank so will refill tomorrow but the wharf will be a Hit and run exercise at high tide

Thanks

Oh stop bitching Smithy. BM wrote some great songs, luckily he didn't sing most of them though. And I'm willing to bet BM gets a lot more than you ;)

Opps, it just clicked, Smithy is jealous :lol: :lol:

Trust you to make a song and dance about it...or maybe just a song, BM? :lol:
A man of few words but they are goodies :thumbup:
Guest Crafty 1

Aye??? BM is a good looking man Smithy09.

what with his Plastic surgery and allthe makeup he is great for 70 :lol: :lol:

Crafty, you haven't earned the right to start insulting people here. You're an opinionated loudmouth with something to say about every f**king thing under the sun whether you've got half a clue about it or not. FFS STFU son before you make an even bigger dickhead of yourself.

Do any of you lot know if you can get water at the sugar loaf in Coromandel Harbour ?

Or just at the wharf ?

Had water problems, now sorted but down to last tank so will refill tomorrow but the wharf will be a Hit and run exercise at high tide

Thanks

D - did you find water elsewhere in the harbour? We were in the same position a couple of weeks back but weren't keen on risking the tides for the wharf. I'd be interested for next time.

Guest Crafty 1
Crafty, you haven't earned the right to start insulting people here. You're an opinionated loudmouth with something to say about every f**king thing under the sun whether you've got half a clue about it or not. FFS STFU son before you make an even bigger dickhead of yourself.
\\

Hi grinna,

Firstly...

Get a sense of humour...

Secondly...

Where did i insult some one?, but if Smithy09 feels insulted then i apologize to him for the comparison! Albeit it was not me that thought BM looks ugly but the assumptions of others

Thirdly,

are you the moderator? if not then i am sure Smithy can look after himself very well based onm his excellent comment in many posts.

Forthly

How is your insults and bad langauge, above, any better than anything i have said?... it's not and you have lowered mine (and probably others) opinion of you!

finally, Where are the "rules" on "when anyone on this forum" earns the right to comment and what is the level of comment one can make?. It appears you may have broken these "mythical" rules yourself (above)

Sorry Grinna but you are way out of line here. And should keep you negative "controlling" comments to your self. This is an opinion based forum where people will make right and wrong comments, will disagree with posts, and perceptions of peoples comments will be taken in the wrong way from time to time (as you have done this time).

and ...After all have you earned the right to make your comments?

To Smithy09 - my comments were not meant to be rude but just a comment on your similarity to BM... who is a good looking man.

D - did you find water elsewhere in the harbour? We were in the same position a couple of weeks back but weren't keen on risking the tides for the wharf. I'd be interested for next time.

F ~ Up at Hautapu Point last night and it's looking to good today to go looking for water so we are going to Rabbit Is for a fish.

Will be meeting up with Coro people latter today so will ask them. Can always just sail back to Waihehe anyway.

D

Archived