Out on the Gulf. So who is where???

wheels

Get a sense of humour...

Got a perfectly good one, but some things are not funny.

Where did i insult some one?, but if Smithy09 feels insulted then i apologize to him for the comparison! Albeit it was not me that thought BM looks ugly but the assumptions of others

You did insult Smithy, he told you so in no uncertain terms and if you could pull your head out of your arse long enough to actually read what other people write you might realise that you'd stepped well over the line and it was time to do some serious backtracking or ... for a change, just shut the hell up.

are you the moderator? if not then i am sure Smithy can look after himself very well based onm his excellent comment in many posts.

Not a moderator, don't pretend to be one, but when you clearly don't know what is inappropriate or not, someone has to point it out to you. Smithy can and does look after himself but I'm not prepared to sit by and let thoughtless idiots insult good people who they don't know.

How is your insults and bad langauge, above, any better than anything i have said?... it's not and you have lowered mine (and probably others) opinion of you!

I really don't give 2 shits what you think of me, and others will think what they will. If they don't like it, I'm sorry, but that's too bad. My insults served to get your attention and point out that you've overstepped the marka dn you need to pull your head in.

Where are the "rules" on "when anyone on this forum" earns the right to comment and what is the level of comment one can make?. It appears you may have broken these "mythical" rules yourself (above)

The rules are the same sort of rules as in real life. If you, as a stranger, walked up to a group of old friends in a bar and within 2 minutes started slagging off one of them despite him quite clearly telling you that you'd overstepped the mark, you could expect to get sh*t for it .... quite rightly too.

Sorry Grinna but you are way out of line here. And should keep you negative "controlling" comments to your self. This is an opinion based forum where people will make right and wrong comments, will disagree with posts, and perceptions of peoples comments will be taken in the wrong way from time to time (as you have done this time).

I disagree completely and i'd stand up anytime to defend any one of my mates in real life or online against insensitive dickheads anytime.

and ...After all have you earned the right to make your comments?

yep, because Smithy is a good bloke, a mate and is worth more than most people I've met. I'd be willing to bet that he's a better person than most and therefore probably better than you are.

To Smithy09 - my comments were not meant to be rude but just a comment on your similarity to BM... who is a good looking man.

Crafty, your comments did offend and Smithy quite clearly told you so. Instead of apologise and move on you chose to go back there and have another go. Irrefutable evidence of a complete dickhead.

Guest Crafty 1

Well. If Smithy was insulted then i am truly sorry. And as i have already said it was not meant as in insult. (But that has eluded you grinna)

As for your rant on his behalf. I think it is truly ignorant and more insulting of me, someone you do not know, than required, Especially since it has 0% to do with you and 100% to do with Smith09 and me.

As such maybe you should stick to your knitting and pay more attention to your poor and tastless remarks made on someone else's discussion/posts.

You, as i will, should reflect on your poor approach and use of "over the top" langauge to make your point.

I see you are no better than you make me out to be!

Have a nice day Grinna.

So, I'm still at work & not out on a f**king boat! :twisted:

Why dont you take a few days off and take the Ant out ? :P

Nice idea, but having just started a new job last week, I don't think I'm due any leave yet :(

Why dont you take a few days off and take the Ant out ? :P

Nice idea, but having just started a new job last week, I don't think I'm due any leave yet :(

So go out on the weekend, Its looking light, But you would still be getting out :wink:

Bugger. Out fishing today with Son #2. Snapper for Dinner. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: Glad to hear someone is actually catching something out there :thumbup:

As usual I've found the fishing heavy going. Had a mate aboard last weekend who was a dedicated soft bait convert but he couldn't get the buggers to bite at all. 'Nuclear chicken' my arse. So we were forced to revert to normal smelly stuff (squid, bonito and pilchard) which really stank up the boat but did at least give us half a dozen just-legal snappy things after hours of trying. As usual, I had much more luck free-diving for scallops which is far more predictable and efficient - just jump in, pick up a few, all over in 10 mins.

Guest Crafty 1
As usual I've found the fishing heavy going. Had a mate aboard last weekend who was a dedicated soft bait convert but he couldn't get the buggers to bite at all. 'Nuclear chicken' my arse. So we were forced to revert to normal smelly stuff (squid, bonito and pilchard) which really stank up the boat but did at least give us half a dozen just-legal snappy things after hours of trying. As usual, I had much more luck free-diving for scallops which is far more predictable and efficient - just jump in, pick up a few, all over in 10 mins.

After years sitting in boats wondering if there are snapper beneath the boat?... the question for you AC is...

While free diving or Scallops did you see many Snapper?

While the fishing was pretty slow going we still managed to have fresh fish to eat every night. Even on the first night out we left Westhaven late so just went as far as Issy bay so we could stop and feed the baby. I chucked a couple of lines over the side at anchor and caught one good snapper and a couple of kahawai for dinner.

Spent a long day trying to find fish around the cow and calf without much luck but caught three snapper at the entrance to Te Kouma on the way back in :wtf:

I reckon there must have to be a bit of a feeding frenzy going on for them to take softbaits. i have had no luck with them at all, but have had instant bites from Squid. But then sopent a week trying to get the darn smeel out of my hands.

Bugger. Out fishing today with Son #2. Snapper for Dinner. :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: Glad to hear someone is actually catching something out there :thumbup:

Yeah and we are the worst Fishermen in NZ, so enough Snapper for the dinner plate just off Stanley point was a welcome change.

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1559.JPG

Fishing Story - we were having a burrito (California Burrito Commerce St - not bad) down by the tank farm and were just commenting on some recent immigrants catching fish that looked decidedly marginal size wise, when bugger me a fisheries patrol guy in full kit strolls down the path and starts measuring everything in sight. :clap:

It was like the guy who passes you at 150 kph and there's a cop around the corner.

Fishing Story - we were having a burrito (California Burrito Commerce St - not bad) down by the tank farm and were just commenting on some recent immigrants catching fish that looked decidedly marginal size wise, when bugger me a fisheries patrol guy in full kit strolls down the path and starts measuring everything in sight. :clap:

It was like the guy who passes you at 150 kph and there's a cop around the corner.

Similar story down at Bayswater marina on Sunday. Was working on the boat when 3 Fisheries officers wandered along the jetty. More than half of the "fisherman" packed up and promptly left.

Archived