Swing keel swang once but is now not swung?

Howdy all, recently I bought an old Noelex 22 in need of a bit love, and have been slowly but surely tidying her up to get out on the water and give this sailing thingamajig a bit of a bash.

Feeling very proud having patched the hull and and stripped back then repainted the topside, I took it for a float test. Within a minute of being in the water a rusty looking water started, quickly at first, then slower and slower, coming in the boat around where the swing keel unit joins to the hull.

After avoiding a near heart attack thanks to prompt re-hydration (thank god for rum!) and realizing the boat wasn't going to sink after all, I attempted without joy to get the swing keel down - by releasing the tension on the winch. It felt like there must be a locking pin somewhere, but nothing is visible (painted over and hidden?)

How worried should I be about the leak? I'm concerned its not really suitable for a weekender if its going to fill up overnight.

Where would you start with a 'seized' swing keel? I'm tempted to try and knock it down with a sledge hammer (after removing the rollers underneath it from the trailer!) but not convinced I'm not missing the point (locking pin?) somewhere.

If it is properly buggered I guess the complete unit has to come out. Has anyone done this sort of thing before? any wise words to help out someone with a habit of re-inventing the wheel? (and depending on rum intake its not always round!)

I’ve been helping my son do up one as well. Thecentre board is 110kg of steel lined with what looks like fibreglass which on this one is lifting on the edges   I think your one probably has done the same ,jamming it in place. Take the top off the case and hit the top of the board with a sledgehammer (and punch)

Yes this one leaks as well but nothing a bailer won’t fix. Have fun

Don