ec12nz

Hi guys whats the problem? :?: :?:

I been away since thursday run a cc for the last 8 hours in Leg 3, log on today no problems, even entry the Bimini Beach Run 2012 no problems.

Just logged on as KnotMe to both races, no problems.

Cleaned cache, sussed for nastiies with real good software, polished registry, emptied the rubbish, double checked flash player and everything else is up to date, defragged and rebooted and still no go.

I can log into the SOL site no worries but when I push 'go to race' it goes to that blue screen and I see 'loading' and then 'initialising' pops up and there it hangs going no further.

I do think it's something to do with SOL as it looks very Flash related and Flash is working fine everywhere else. Sure looks to be something in the initialisation commands.

I don't know what else I can do now. And like Ec12NZ, it's knot only on one computer, I've tried 3 and it's the same on all.

No idea what that course is Paul, I've never been able to get in for a look at it

What He said :(

Still a problem - dropped 300 places parked on beach

Ok, I'm back in. Absolutely no idea why or how though. I've done nothing since that big clean out above and after that it wouldn't let me play a couple of times.

Went to suss that forum SJB posted and thought 'bugger it, while I'm here' and bingo into the Bimini thingybob race.

Weird.............................

Likewise - just checked and back in - 1 of my boats 420m PAST Sanya and past Hong Kong. Damn gonna be a long slog back to Sanya.

Interesting to see new items on race screen so may of been an SoL upgrade that affected a few.

Other boat in posi 666 - must be some karma there as my IOM is sail number 666 as well and it threw a wobbly during sailing it today.

Hi all

Sorry to hear about the snags some of you are now having even with the old user interface... the new version of the user interface this morning produced some Flash problems for a few SOLers but with a sufficient degree of randomness that the Devt Dudes have reverted to the "old" version.

However during the discussion of the new GUI, there have been some useful Flash housekeeping suggestions so I am copying/pasting them here in case they can help:

Have a look here: And clear the flash related local storage as well.

To access the local Flash Player Settings Manager that is native to your operating system:

Windows: click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player

Macintosh: System Preferences (under Other) click Flash Player ....clear the 'Browser Data and Settings' on the advanced tab as well

and

Try this in Windows 7:

Open Flash Advanced Settings Tab in the Control Panel. Erase all old settings for Flash with the upper right button.

and

I use Windows 7 and Chrome .....I have gone into windows control panel and

searched for the Flash program...once opened the Flash control tool I clicked on

" use of memory based on website setup"...then in the list I changed for

sailonline " block" into " accept "....and .....

like in the magic kingdom ...everything WORKS

Also don't forget to keep Flash updated. If you are unsure if it is up to date, and once you are in a SOL race of course, right click on the race screen, click on About Adobe Flash Player and it will take you to the Adobe website - if you need to update Flash you can see from the version number there.

Hope this all helps and fingers crossed y'all get back on SOL pronto!!

luv RainbowChaser

Bugger, back to the blue screen of in-action again this morning.

When I finally got back in to a SOL race (Bimini Beach run) last night Flash did ask me to allow storage space on the machine, which I said no worries take what you like. No sign of SOL on any blocked list I can find, inc Flash. And I am running the latest version of Flash.

All was good then went bad than came good but now bad again.

For the very short time I saw it I did like the new interface. Nice work.

In SoL forum this mornggn they have reverted to previous version of SoL as it seems many had problems with new interface they turned in during the leg. Hmm Logic would say do it betwen legs in the big race.

Seems it could be an issue with FLASH. You will need the latest version.

EC: I see you have altered course for better boat speed so all decisions & steering back to you.

Perhaps in summary, (you) & KM are KNOT that FLASH :shifty: :think: :clap:

SoL have rolled back the software and I am back in with no troubles. All latest updates are installed on all 3 computers I use - 2 are W& and 1 XP but up and running.

Next week for next leg an issue if someone can drive me (NZL_EC12NZ and SweptAway) as I'll be away on a cruise (on 65,000 tonnes of stink pot :D )nwould be great.

Next week for next leg an issue if someone can drive me (NZL_EC12NZ and SweptAway) as I'll be away on a cruise (on 65,000 tonnes of stink pot :D )nwould be great.

Whats this 2 boats???????

From the manual.

1.18. FAQs

Q: Can me and a friend "share" a boat although we do not share the same computer, or even live in the same country?

A: Yes, no problem. Just share your login details and you are all set to share the boat. Only question is - do you trust your friend?

Q: Why is it not allowed to have more than one boat?

A: We like to give all players a fair chance, multiple boats is considered cheating and therefore not allowed.

Big clean out again. Log into SOL fine. Push 'go to race' and a blue screen with 'initialising' in the middle of it. A nice shade of blue but rather boring after a while.

If I don't do a clean out and try to get back in I just get blue and no words. So something is trying to happen 1st time after a clean out but after that it seems it can't be bothered even trying anymore.

Vista business & Firefox. Both with all updates done. Flash version 11,1,102,55, which whoever does flash says is the latest one.

I have the latest version Flash player.

Did I manage to programme a DC to aim me at the finish line in the Binimi beach race right?

Don't know as I could of set one as well.

Archived