Yard up the creek at Warkworth

wheels

Fusion told me that there is a Boatyard up the Maharangi river toward Workworth. I just took a quick look on Googlemaps and see two yards up there. One basicaly at the Township and one down stream a little.

Does anyone know which one it would be, or are there two yards up there.

And would I get my boat up there, with a 2.1m draft?

Anyone done it??

and anyone know any of the costs they charge up there.

I popped into Westpark today and they charge $400 for lift and splash, which is about what I expected, but the $48/day for hardstand was a bit of a shock to me. I haven't asked any questions on Antifoul and application costs and so one yet. I thought I would enquire about the Warkworth one first.

We had Pearler on the hardstand at Mahurangi Marina at the old Cement Works for 3 months last year while renovating her. Mid $20s daily rate from memory. Haul in/out $100 each way i think. Supplied us with materials and advice at good rates. Has a workshop you can use to do your own work. Need to time your arrival and escape as the river does get very low. They brought in and put back some pretty decent sized boats (~50ft). Don't know Robertsons.

26tonne AA. Although more toward the 20tonne end, I just work on the heavier for Tanks full over fluids and all the other stuff you collect.

Thanks Oyster. Was it hard navigating the river???

26tonne AA. Although more toward the 20tonne end, I just work on the heavier for Tanks full over fluids and all the other stuff you collect.

Thanks Oyster. Was it hard navigating the river???

Engine out of order when I purchased her so they towed it up for me one evening. I motored it back down the river no problems, they provided local knowledge navigation on the back of an envelope. The manager Ashley keeps a regular eye on where the channel is relative to the markers.

I think it was Robertsons that had the ferry 'Osprey' on the hard awhile back.

Jane Gifford was restored not far from there - can put you in touch with one of the guys that does work on her.

I've been ùp there a few times by yacht, its a great trip and easy walk to the supermarket and gas station and go on a high or just before.

You definitely need to get the tides right. The channel is clearly marked at first then as it gets narrower you just follow the river taking the outside of the turns. The bottom is really soft mud so easy to get off if you do hit the bottom.

I believe sababa has been up there a few times and it draws over 3m I think.

2m can definitely get up there.

The shallowest part is the entrance to the river (left hand bend about 1.5nm up from Scott's landing). A few years ago that was reputed to have about 0.6m at low tide.

The Haunted Cement works that place gives me the creeps and have heard of some strange goings on in there......

Mmmm, the old launch on the hard next to us was residence for a P cook. Cops got him but had to call in the bomb squad to remove the detonators from the explosives he had rigged up in it, along with numerous guns and crossbows.

ec90a254.jpg

Oooo that reminds me. Taking thread on a sharp left turn. Anchored in Chamberlains bay on Thursday evening and a Big Ketch with a wide dark blue stripe down her side and Portlights right along her side within the Blue stripe :wink:

But seriously, she looked stunning. I couldn't see her name, but if she is local, what a beautiful Ketch she was. I so love the Clipper bow's. Not sure the make, but I was thinking along the lines of a C&C or maybe Mason. Maybe completely wrong though.

Archived