2012 Nexus Gold Cup

Aussie

the first chunder came without warning from the windward rail and we all shared in the delight! I only just managed to keep my breakfast down after wiping it off my face...

Well that just sounds delightful... Good times. Great bonding!

Are you guys going to do White Island and Three Kings?!

As the forecast was way too much for High'n'Fibre, we watched the start from Northhead. Here is a short video showing the conditions. Please excuse the grumpy toddler who wasn't that keen on being there!

Great start in today's race, everyone on port except for the smallest boat in the fleet.

The Elliott 7 had a perfect committee boat end start and proceeded to call starboard on the whole fleet. A couple of crash tacks were required but thankfully no collisions.

In the multi start, Akatea were trying for some close ups of Vodaphone's bow. It looked close from the pier but luckily far enough away that the language could not be heard.

Is Akatea a multi?

No its not, so it will be interesting to hear what it was doing by vodafone if they were in there start sequence.

That would be what you call a cock up in timing, by about 5 minutes, don't think it caused anyone an issues sorry if it did. :oops:

Is Akatea a multi?

No its not, so it will be interesting to hear what it was doing by vodafone if they were in there start sequence.

That would be what you call a cock up in timing, by about 5 minutes, don't think it caused anyone an issues sorry if it did. :oops:

It didn't cause any issues from where we were, did think it was an interesting spot to be in tho.

Had an awesome day out on the water, good to get tied up before the westerly came in! Really enjoyed the legs from whangaporoa, saddle island and back. On the way there we saw Vodafone smoking with their kite up! On the way back we saw equilibrium and akatea looking like the had good pace upwind! Wish I had to go pro (not that I had much time to f**k sound with it tho!

Anyone get any good pictures of the fleet?

On Borderline we were just coming past north head when we had to get the gennaker off that was about 1:30 the breeze went around really fast, i'd say it was just a couple of mins from deep running to hard on the wind. great race though the code zero ride from saddle to tiri was awesome sitting in the 20's the whole way in fairly flat water we had a couple of snuffs but nothing to concerning.

Is Akatea a multi?

Na no issues, all good, was a little concerning for a bit tho :)

few shots from our go pro here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamVodaf ... 5230319915

What time did the westerlies arrive and who was tied up before then?

20 metres from the top mark, the reef above Saddle Island. Managed a tight reach to Whangaparaoa then back on the wind.

We worked out pretty quickly that the rich would suddenly get infinitely richer. Fun race with River Rebel however.

Archived