• 1 year later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as the poor bugger who got to assume the role of website dude from pedro (the first dude!) i tend to agree. We're all slowwwwllllyyyy working to the same conclusion. You can't beat progress - bit like Trade & Exchange vs Trade Me; Encyclopedia Britanica vs Wikipedia; Microsoft vs Google; lead swinging pig rooting shitters vs SERIOUSLY F**KIN' COOL MULTIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill

i have updated 8.5 content 5 times in the last month; new in build images; new 8.5 fleet images; new 8.5 design images; updates to the Nationals page twice; and before that a new page for 8.5 newsletters;

and if i got more images and content from the likes of you then there would be more interesting and frequent updates

your an ex journo how about writing something to put up

Yep

Stopping the old mailed out Newsletters and spending $5000 on that piece of sh*t was the worst decision ever by the NZMYC.

Its now so out of date it is just embarrassing !

The RNZYS has a great website, perhaps we could just get a sub page on that.

Not that I blame Antony in any way though, its not his fault no one sends him any content.

But even if the dinosaur were kept up to date, how many people would actually be bothered to look anyway ?

Yep

Stopping the old mailed out Newsletters and spending $5000 on that piece of sh*t was the worst decision ever by the NZMYC.

Its now so out of date it is just embarrassing !

The RNZYS has a great website, perhaps we could just get a sub page on that.

Not that I blame Antony in any way though, its not his fault no one sends him any content.

But even if the dinosaur were kept up to date, how many people would actually be bothered to look anyway ?

What is the actual issue - is it functionality of the site itself, lack of content submitted, or the number of people who do/would look at it? Instead of lamenting the current state, put effort into figuring out what is wanted (email newsletter, website, combination of both), and by whom, and go from there. The more effort put into scoping beforehand means the less effort required to keep it going.

bill

i have updated 8.5 content 5 times in the last month; new in build images; new 8.5 fleet images; new 8.5 design images; updates to the Nationals page twice; and before that a new page for 8.5 newsletters;

and if i got more images and content from the likes of you then there would be more interesting and frequent updates

your an ex journo how about writing something to put up

Hi Tim M, I regulary check out the new stuff on the site and think your doing a great job, please ignore the whingers and keep up the good work.

Mothership, the issue isnt the site, its the fact that some people prefer whinging to actually contributing, I found the setup just fine and when I was running it it always had the news and events up to date, new home page features every couple of weeks etc, and people still moaned that it was never updated! Ill talk to Ryan again and see if he can take it on and keep it up to date.

Strange as it may seem I even check it out reasonable often. It's a far better site than many have. Sure it would be nice to update more often but that's far from uncommon even with sites backed up with paid staff let alone volunteers.

I do like the Gallery and the sites design. Clean, simple and effective. If I had a say, I'd be saying stick with it and with some small contributions by each boat and she would be a ripper.

A big pile more monophobia on the site and it'd would be a good reflection of you lot :twisted: :twisted: :lol: