ETNZ AC72 Sailing

Well deserved month off?... hello?

they have had 6 years off cruising the world doing the odd regatta here and there.

They also get paid well to go saiiling.

A pro sailor is like being paid to be on holiday!.. a month of would be to go to work!

What do they say... "a bad days sailing is still better than a good days work"

And have to agree with the guys above who think thhey should push this boat to destruction!

that kind of experience might come in handy when the chips are down and they need to "push the envelope" to pass some one on a particular leg in the finals?

I believe those guys work damn hard ,long hours, not many days off. Their job is sailing, they still deserve a holiday. 6 years off cruising the world? Yeah right.

Get that chip off your shoulder JP and just appreciate the fact they are likely to be the only team that uses up all their days of training, launched the first AC72, and are likely to be the first to launch the second.

If any sailors deserve a break, its the sailors of ETNZ...

Also who measures thier performance and KPI's.

1) is the boat sailing faster each day?

2) have we flipped it or caused major damage to it?

Just a simple guess

But surely the only way you'll ever know if they're ahead of the game is if you know where everyone else sits as well. I should imagine that you'd struggle to get detailed information from other syndicates at this stage against which you could measure ETNZ's performance in order to determine whether they are ahead of the game or not.

When put like that i have to agree clipper.

But it's not like day job is it. It's like a wine drinker being paid to taste wine.

and they are not out there doing hard racing every day.

I know a few guys that work for ETNZ and they work their ass off. Long hours and not many days off.

Give the guys some family time over christmas and well get more out of them next year

Go ETNZ

When put like that i have to agree clipper.

But it's not like day job is it. It's like a wine drinker being paid to taste wine.

and they are not out there doing hard racing every day.

I know a few guys that work for ETNZ and they work their ass off. Long hours and not many days off.

Give the guys some family time over christmas and well get more out of them next year

Go ETNZ

+1

1) is the boat sailing faster each day?

2) have we flipped it or caused major damage to it?

Just a simple guess

Yes that is a internal measurement and measures their performance against their benchmarks or standards they set.

But these guys get funding from the taxpayer and for me I want to see their KPI,s and achievements ( return on investment) for the $$$ we have paid them.

-

So far seven years pay ($44,000,000) and no return.

Would you invest in a business with no returns after seven years? And no accountability ?

talking purely AC here,

Dude are you serious???

Why not take it further and ask for KPI, on our unemployed, parlimentarians and prisoner reform if your so special about measuring where you tax dollars go?

Now im no supporter of TNZ getting govt money, never have been, (they should have paid to keep it!).

But looking at the brand awerness ETNZ portray, their profesionalism as team both here and when overseas...they set a foundation many of our other tax dependents (and other public funded sporting bodies), should strive for!

If you don't see a return already...go an support cricket.

Thats right....cricket!

Archived