Out of here

ok where do you getem from?? pack me the missus and the dog under the table out on the lawn with a bottle of MtGay friday night, hook into these scopoderm, travel to the moon and back and be close to home monday morn for work, duck in and watch the tellie during lucid moments, use a flush loo while cruising the stars........take a trip and never leave the farm stuff :wave: :wave: :wave:

I remember listening to the Radio and singing to the songs playing on the very faint crackly station we must have been picking up, while the Radio was turned off and I didn't take any wackyscopocrack.

:D I took nothing for seasickness during my last trip. But I can remember hearing my children and Himself calling out my name (they were back in NZ), music playing, And that eerie feeling of not being alone when on watch alone.

Being at sea is a totally different experience from sailing coastal. It plays tricks on the mind. I would imagine an hallucinogenic would just compound that.

Glad you had a safe place to trip out JH - must have been a really weird experience!

Welcome home.

M

Being at sea is a totally different experience from sailing coastal. It plays tricks on the mind. I would imagine an hallucinogenic would just compound that.

Absolutement. That's my impression. Don't think you would get the same experience using it on dry land. I think the tiredness and general weirdness of being at sea plays a big part. Perhaps wouldn't be such a problem for those who are more used at being at sea? Me and JH are relative newbies to it, after all.

I didn't get any other symptoms JH... or at least, not that I can remember! :lol: Was definitely better on the way back too, as I was more relaxed, slept easier, and didn't get bad weather until the very end when I'd recovered my natural sea legs. On the way up, I was scared shitless about skippering my first offshore passage on me own boat, and got nailed by a squash zone a few days out of NZ. Hence, much more tired and wired anyway.

I've done a few miles, and still have a lady who comes and sits with me in the cockpit and sings to keep me awake, been that way for years, used to her now.

On the way up, I was scared shitless about skippering my first offshore passage on me own boat, and got nailed by a squash zone a few days out of NZ. Hence, much more tired and wired anyway.

That'll do it. Anxiety also plays tricks on the mind (and yes - there is lovely medical jargon to describe that too!).

I think you are right - the tiredness that you experience with short sleep and short 'off watch' times adds to the feeling of disorientation.

I remember the disorientation that occurred when my girl was a baby. She would only sleep for an hour at a time. The sleep deprivation prevented me from being able to discern reality from dreams, and I got very confused. (Not helped one little bit by a loony husband who told me that the things that did happen where my dreams and visa versa).

Hmmm - Ogre - your lady that sings. Interesting. :wink: Can you tell me what language she sings in? And is it popular music, or Opera? 8)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes - the music I heard was classical - funny huh? I wonder what makes the brain do that? Some way of self preservation by causing the release of endorphins so that you feel better, and sleep deeper when you do get to sleep?

We both heard music and singing on our trip up and back, quite different types of music / singing though. I think it is helped by the many and various sounds of the sea and by the wind in the rigging, our wind vane has a sound all of its own rising and falling with the wind speed, Like Ogre I enjoy it.

Can't make out the language, _ Opera (she is very attractive too - life is too short to have an ugly hallucination)

That'll be Emma Shapplin, tiny elve like Italian who belts it out like a fat chick, played her album" Carmine Meo" loud and long in 2000 on the way up to attend the fiji coup also gave her a good thumping 03 ad 05 on the same track so she's pretty familiar with Navula passage, gave her a good tour of Molucca straits, singapore to phuket late 2000 as well, very good company, very creative with the many splendid ways of cracker eating with what etc, annoying habit that I argued re white wine with everything, won that after much debate, oh and she has a tale for every shooting star and a giggle for every jumping dolphin.........great company

Oh yes - Katherine Jenkins - the voice of an angel, and the face to suit.

She is beautiful - and has a lovely personality too. The full package really.

Good choice Ogre. :clap: I wouldn't mind her company on a long voyage either.

Archived