Buying from Far East Sails

Yep, what Harrytom said. Take your measurements off the existing. Can't go too wrong with that.

I have a further questions though. My existing main which was probably second hand off the Ark has slides along the foot. Is that the superceded by loose footed mains now?. Are they all loose footed, or is that mainly for say Racing?

Checked out hyde website last night,they have stock sizes for"peterson"1/4 ton,seeing how the cav 26 is "peterson"1/4 tempted to buy direct but instinct tells me to go sail maker or could be a expensive mistake,but buying a kite seems to be the way to go stock sizes.$800 us?free shipping.

Better cloth? What fabric did they quote you in, and would you really know if its Dimension/Polyant, Bainbridge or some other cheap chinese crap anyway.

It would be interesting to compare it with genuine manufacturer supplied sample swatches.

My main from Far East turned up today, ahead of schedule (

One thing that's a bit off-putting, if not entirely surprising, is the "Clamclcat RACIUG" (sic) logo on the leech line cleats!!

My main from Far East turned up today, ahead of schedule (

One thing that's a bit off-putting, if not entirely surprising, is the "Clamclcat RACIUG" (sic) logo on the leech line cleats!!

How is that new main going? Happy with it?

Yeah, it's made the boat immeasurably nicer to sail than the old baggy thing.... Didn't have any issues with it fit wise etc. -- all good.

I think I'll try tapering the top batten a bit, other than that I'm happy with the shape. Photo is taken with only a few kts of breeze, hence the bottom looks a bit creasy. Looks nice once the breeze gets up, and the boat now sails OK under main alone in 15-20kts -- it used to basically stop without a headsail before.

DSC_0183.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fbq8ek1cn7zeyf/DSC_0183.JPG?dl=0

Edited by hb1849