EMTNZ BOAT 2

Well logic would suggest that ETNZ's move to a ORACLE type board/foil design is an admission that OrACLE have the set up correct.

Now if, as mentioned above, ETNZ2 is foiling in lighter breezes (with this ORACLE TYPE BOARDS) then they obviously see the need to do this based on Wind Speed data for San Fran (Lighter than boat 1 is setup for).

thus - Oracle are ahead of the game.

Standby for the usual EE / Royale reply (with attached "need to feel secure" photo's)

:wink: :lol:

Both boats have gone for curved / less volume foils. Both boats are testing curved vs straight foils

Foiling is easier on curved foils but slower upwind

ETNZ boat 2 is more designed for the Americas Cup races that will be sailed in less wind then the LV

I read somewhere that oracle are committed to their wobbly platform design and its too late to change the design. Their boat 2 hulls are already built and there is no bracing under the hull (same as boat 1) :?

ETNZ will have 5 weeks down time when shipping to the US. During this time there is a AC45 regatta so all the other teams won't be sailing their 72s either for 2 weeks

We will see. This is going to be the best cup yet!!! :thumbup:

From what I’ve been lead to believe, conceptually it’s already too late to copy the competitions ideas. Lead times are too long to produce then trial before the cup. Interestingly Dalts commented at the bbq last night that there are two specific areas of design, that he can see, where Oracle are being held back. His comment was that if they don’t change direction on these two areas, ETNZ will come out on top. That’s a big call, and to say that, they must fully understand what they’re seeing on the USA boat.

[Oracle will be sailing their 72 during the AC45 regatta.
Was it you or OC that said if TNZ did that they would be cheats and other assorted nasties?

Opps silly me, it's the Americas Cup, the Lance Armstrong of yachting events.

The pissing competition in this thread is worse than what was the last AC debacle...

+1. So it's not just me thinking that.

You guys are welcome to join in :thumbup: more the merrier :D

The pissing competition in this thread is worse than what was the last AC debacle...

+1. So it's not just me thinking that.

You guys are welcome to join in :thumbup: more the merrier :D

A prelude to pitch poling.

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup-:-Emirates-Team-NZs-AC72---NZL5-goes-down-the-mine?/106762

and pitch poling avoidance if you have the skill like this guy.

Watch the video.

http://yachtpals.com/sailing-extreme-9198

http://www.sail-world.com/NZ/Americas-Cup-:-Emirates-Team-NZs-AC72---NZL5-goes-down-the-mine?/106762

Watch the video.

wow ..bet he dirtied his undies while doing that...v close call :clap:

Nupp. It was deliberate. Announced it before doing it and got the MAG TO VIDEO IT.[ :thumbup: :wave:

Watch the video.

wow ..bet he dirtied his undies while doing that...v close call :clap:

Nupp. It was deliberate. Announced it before doing it and got the MAG TO VIDEO IT.[ :thumbup: :wave:

What the hell are you on about?

That near pitch pole was not deliberate at all. It was day one of his round the world attempt, was it not?

And i understand he did a few more that day too.

Look more closely at the video. The copper circled the boat and when it was aft and in line to photo shoot he had altered course. He then anticipates the action and you can se him actualy turns the wheel before the Catapult manuever lifts - starts, to counter the manuever. Not only during the day but all night === Right It,s called a bottom turn right way up.

That near pitch pole was not deliberate at all. It was day one of his round the world attempt, was it not?

Totally concur. You can clearly see the boat gets a gust and starts to lift the main hull, at which point Mr was cruising along helmsman suddenly moves bloody fast into a defensive save. He sure didn't move like someone doing a planned manoeuvre.

Great boat though, I still want one.

Totally concur. You can clearly see the boat gets a gust and starts to lift the main hull, at which point Mr was cruising along helmsman suddenly moves bloody fast into a defensive save. He sure didn't move like someone doing a planned manoeuvre.

Great boat though, I still want one.

Disagree. You can see him grab the main sheet blocks before the gust arrives, then turns and faces the chopper camera. Most helsman would remain facing dead ahead towards the bow, not turn their back on things or release a sheet. You call that a defensive save, to have the mind set to face the camera, he surely was not in a panic mode. Definately a planned move.

And are you going to tell me that it was just a coincidence the chopper just happen to be there to get it all on camera.

It certainly has received a lot of exposure for his sponsors. Not only a video but hard copy press on most world sailing websites. Just another coincidence you will probably say.

If you don't acheive TV - Press - magazine - internet exposure the sponsors are reluctant to renew on renewal the sponsorship and he acheived all that.

Excellent and skillful skills I say.

Also the sponsors have paid to have the vessel rebuilt with completely new hulls and floats to the lastest new design.

So which magazine is willing to spend many millions of dollars on a boat and doesn't have problems with crews killing themselves just for one article?

Just the name of the planet it is on will be enough if you can't think up a name for a mag ;)

Feel free to answer for OC SB.

Archived