NZ blue water cruisers ssb weather operator tracking site

Well done Mike and thanks for all your efforts.

I suspect you may have done some work on the 'manual' also - I must go and download that again and work through the instructions to get the most I can out of your services!

Please persevere with Iridium Go!

Unfortunately, most of the YIT services are no use to me because you can only use the Iridium Go! to access content from their own walled garden. This frustrates me no end, and makes a lot of bad words stream through my usually calm mind.

Also, FYI: It took me a LOT of effort and technical wizardry to find the Chrome App.

I'm tempted to buy the android app... mainly just to support the good work you do. Unfortunately, once again, I can't get unrestricted internet access via the Iridium Go, so the only way to use the app is via local wifi and/or local SIM... ok, i'll go and buy it.

For anyone else who cares, my main use of YIT is for tracking.  ie configure Iridium Go to send updates to YIT and family and friends can see where we are and make smart remarks about our sailing angles. :)

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated. I suspect I need to do some major work on the manual. It seems documentation is always the last thing that gets addressed and is probably the most important. 

I think I'll make some short training videos on how to use the system as well and install stuff. Give something else for people to watch other than netflix :D

I will try and send Iridium an email again and see if they respond again. I suspect you need to be a big commercial player to even appear on their radar. 

I've just added support for the Delorme Inreach tracker because a few yachts are using these things now and asked for it. I still don't even really know what they are, some sort of GO clone perhaps? I guess I could google it but anyway it was a bit harder to configure the site to take these as they have no return email address I could easily use to tie them to yachts accounts. 

If you find frustrating stuff ie in the manual etc, just fire me a message mike@yit.co.nz as I do want to make things easier for people in the long run. Fighting stuff is no fun at all. The system does work, it's just teaching people how to use it I guess.