Dodger for Atom Ant

nz moth

The guy who did the last race on his small cat formed a dodger like that in clear plastic over a male mould that he had built. Flexible but strong and basically lidded the hatch, and could be removed.

Think it's worth considering the fore-and-aft "screens" running down from the sides of the hatchway as shown in Changed's first shot, to help keep any sideways spray drift/water from wet sails coming down the hatch, away from your nav station, quarterberths etc.

(The ones in the photo look like they are part of the boat structure but you can do them in PVC/clears so you don't lose any light so they are easily removable when you don't need them).

I liked the slopping washboards. Nice place to sit with the bean bag with a little pram style hood over the companionway. I have made those side curtains from clears but I like the idea of doing them in ply and glassing them in. Good structural members.

like this? it would be cramped but it'd keep you dry. BTS extending the cabin top is a good idea, keep all the lines hidden while still looking fashionable

post-10268-141887220389.jpg

post-10268-141887220391.jpg

Just gotta work out how to route the ropes from the On top of Cabintop jammers to the Winches off centre, as a Pram hood like JH designed would stop that!

The pram hood could have a clear front for vision which would allowe inspection of the sails etc without actually coming on deck. The jammers could be inside the front part of the hood, might be a little difficult to completely weatherproof, but?

having the clutches inside wouldnt work, how would you get a line onto a winch? i think having them down the side decks with the cabin top extended out over them (as in my drawing) would be the best way. you could then just put it on the primary when it needs a crank

What I want is to bring the cabin out to that little step then where the hatch way is you have a half tube shape coming over to give you head space.

So like this with the dome half tube shape.

080328akilaria950.jpg

Archived