SSANZ Simrad Series 2013

Marshy

Alrighty so who is doing this?

http://www.ssanz.co.nz/documents/events ... I%20A4.pdf

Cool with the change around of the courses, and doing the big race second which is cool.

Although they changed a few courses which needed to happen, but left the killer Little Barrier course in! And took out the awesome Gannet Rock, Tiri home course which is always a good one for the sporty type boats cus its a triangle and you get a reach at some point?

Im quite liking the last race course though. That looks like a cool track!

And the round waiheke course is pretty cool too, lots of options for sails there!!

The "killer" Little Barrier course is only one of 2 options... You may recall last year it wasn't used.

It's a remanent of the old "Barrier Triple Series" courses back form the days where men were tough (was actually the shortest course back then). There are still quite a few people that look back on those good old days...

Anyway it's good to have some elements of history and on the right day it can be a tremendous tactical course. By having options we can avoid the days where it would truely suck...

Philstar and I are hoping to be there in the little ross 780 once he sorts his cr@p out :wink:

hoping for some good runs in there somewhere. Bring on 25knots!

The "killer" Little Barrier course is only one of 2 options... You may recall last year it wasn't used.

It's a remanent of the old "Barrier Triple Series" courses back form the days where men were tough (was actually the shortest course back then). There are still quite a few people that look back on those good old days...

Anyway it's good to have some elements of history and on the right day it can be a tremendous tactical course. By having options we can avoid the days where it would truely suck...

.. and the long race was 240 miles

You children are pussies

Fullrace and I took a 4" tv on the Big Ruby one night to watch the league. Sat it up on the cabin top beside the halyard winch. Can't remember the race, wasn't the 150 I don't think. Mighta been - I think we were running past Tiri. Was a nice light night, kite up, tootling along doing 6ish.

After about 20 minutes we tried looking looking around. All we could see was a 4" square of bright white light. Couldn't see diddly squat :lol:

Blind as bats for about another hour. Thank goodness for Lion Red and KFC :thumbup:

Archived