Sign in to follow this  
smithy09

Loadcell/ Tension measurement

It has peak hold as well so you can set it up to freeze the display at the max weight/force recorded if you are doing say tests to destruction

Mmmm tests to destruction. I can think of three people I would like to try that on today but might need a hand to get them strapped in securely.

Smithy09 - sorry should have replied sooner - would love to take you up on your offer at some point in the future. Just not in a position to use it today! When do you get back?

I will now be in NZ until 17th/18th. High n fibre is getting them this evening, then there is a guy in wellington, but he hasn't come back with an address, so maybe next week?

First client happy. Loadcell now en route to Wellington. Rum supply looking better, thanks to High n Fibre! I will look for a padded box for it on the weekend, as I can see it will be doing the rounds.. ScottiE next?

Hey Smithy, sometime in the future, I would be curious to find out how much my boat weighs, as I only have a verbal from the previous owner and it seems that every travelift I've ever been on didn't have one that worked at the time. Don't even have the first idea how I would do it, but seeing as I'm told it's around 3200 kg it's well within your weight limits. Anyway it's a bloody kind offer and a bot of rum is a good deal!

Any time AA. When Matt is finished with it in Wellywood, I can get him to courier it directly to you. Send him a PM (Mattyg). Better make it a bottle of Sav. Keep her indoors happy!!!

Cheers Smithy, I don't think I'd be ready any time soon though! By "some time in the future" I kinda meant the next time or the time after that, that I came out of the water! Hells bells I wouldn't know what to do with it! I'd need to plan it for 6 months at least! Some who know me would tell you that I can do most things but you shouldn't leave unsupervised with anything more complicated than plastic toys and they shouldn't be small enough that I can swallow them. I'm not planning on coming out of the water for a wee while as I was out just a few months ago. But will certainly be glad to stump up with the poison of her indoors' choice! :thumbup:

No sweat AA. Whenever you're ready. It's pretty straight foward. Turn it on, hang all the slings and stuff off it. Press zero (so you only weigh the boat), then hang the boat off it and watch the weight! Easy. I have to see if I can get one of those padded boxes with an O ring seal for it, then it will be a good bit of kit and easy to transport.. Good to see it being used rather than sitting in the attic..