BBYC Single Handed (this weekend)

But 10 minutes later......

BUGGER!!!!

Ken in the 3rd 88 is to the left just out of shot.

Swap those to photos around every 10 minutes and you pretty much have was happening all day. I do have a photo of the bow of some blue boat as well just in case anyone was wondering ;)

It got more fun just after these when the wind did a big shift.

post-646-141887156699.jpg

It's a pity I'm so one eyed....

would have loved to join you all

Sounds like you had a great race!

You should have John, I was looking for you and a couple of others pondered where you were.

A big 2 legged raft jumped in the race and provided me with some entertainment in the early hours of the am. She had some great sounds banging out under her which did delay my paddle home for a wee bit. And they had limes, nice touch indeed. Sadly she was even shorter on sail area for those conditions than us 930's so struggled a bit but good to see her out.

I'm sure BBYC will be firing a gun again next year. Jump on in.

And a photo just for Murky and the other lads who made the odd comment last week ;)

My pushpit and good golly... 1...2 and by joves is that a 3rd 88 I see back there. I do believe they are :lol: :lol:

"The community has voted to remove this photo." :thumbdown: :lol:

Well done mate, firstly for your win and secondly for your reports on this site which I am sure make a lot of people want to put it in their diaries for next year. And thirdly for writing your hypothetical poll in such a way that I didn't figure out that one of the skippers was you until well afterwards.

Now we will never speak of this again.

The bit KM's forgotten to mention Murky is that he was in the kite division in the 88's weren't.

Sorry KM, it's Tuesday, my pleasant quotient is in a downward spiral.

And no, none of us would believe for a moment it was a purely upwind race, we're not that gullable, we are nice though, I haven't mentioned Y88s VS a certain unmentioned city dwelling lizard-like vessel on the Sunday as yet.

On a serious note, from the results, I gather there were some pretty ugly traps a few fell into out there.

Those shot were in one of the quite moments. Just after that it went hard on and a small increase of breeze hence the great tacking battle that was sooooo much fun. I think GC was the only boat to fly a kite on the way down for any duration. I tried for a couple of minutes but nothing happened and as bloody usual the wind changes.

Some ugly traps? At one stage I was leading the entire fleet and a mile or so ahead of P B Floyd and beat Truxton over the line. Yeap, I'd say ugly holes was an accurate comment :lol:

Our bunch stayed tight the whole way so had the good and the bad pretty much at the same time, that was cool.

The bit KM's forgotten to mention Murky is that he was in the kite division in the 88's weren't.

So are you saying, MarkM - just for the purposes of clarity - that although the camera may not lie, an equally-valid caption could be: "Here is a photo of me while I was ahead of some boats in a different division. Shot was taken shortly after I dropped my non-class experimental sails"?

Sorry KM, it's Tuesday, my pleasant quotient is in a downward spiral./quote]

Just gone 8 o'clock on Tuesday when you posted that. That's more of a plummet than a spiral - someone been messing with you or too long since the last yacht?

So are you saying, MarkM - just for the purposes of clarity - that although the camera may not lie, an equally-valid caption could be: "Here is a photo of me while I was ahead of some boats in a different division. Shot was taken shortly after I dropped my non-class experimental sails"?

Exactly, and very clearly put, though the caption may also include that they are very classy and fast boats in another division, but perhaps that's self evident from the picture.

Just gone 8 o'clock on Tuesday when you posted that. That's more of a plummet than a spiral - someone been messing with you or too long since the last yacht?

Yes, on both and i'd have to say I feel decidedly plummeted, never mind, Wednesday twilights tomorrow and nearly as good, it's pay day.

Oh lads you missed the obvious and I thought you would have noticed as you do tell me often. And the reason I posted 2 photos in chronological order. Both photos show us sailing downhill. Now please correct me if I'm wrong but haven't you said often downhill is my boats best shot at passing 88's?

See my dilemma here. You say one thing but the opposite happens. What's that about? ;)

Your theory is even worse if anyone of us did use kites.

Saw you guys all bunched up on Saturday. There were definately some holes out there! Sunday, the wind completely died on us, soon after we watched you start. Was wondering how you all got on. . .

Yep Knot me, my eye thing has let my sailing down big time.

I was hoping all would be well this weekend, alas no.

Can't believe how one eye can slow one down so much

Oh well just have to carry on reading everyone elses adventures

Girls bunch, blokes huddle....... unless they live in Ponsonbey in which case they cuddle.

Sunday was more nasty than Saturday, in more ways than one.

Sorry - let me amend that . . . Saw you guy huddling down the bottom of Waiheke . . . :P

Yep Knot me, my eye thing has let my sailing down big time.

:lol: You only need one eye to stand on the beach after the race while we lead swingers tell you where you are going wrong :lol:

Should have come, I think you probably would have done OK actually. We look forward to seeing you next year. Could have have a raft raft up this year if you came.

And next week for the Weiti his and hers?

Thanks Meg, we blokes feel more blokie again now :lol: :lol:

Archived