Something found on your boat that is not on most others?

Fusion

Sorry Fusion, I have a skilly on board as well.... And I thought I was the only one, Damnit!

When I'm in the country I have a mint plant... It's hard work to keep, but the Mojitos are worth it :) Just got to get the lime trees sorted... I'm moored near Chelsea so sugar is no problem...

I guess by now I have a mussel farm on my boat too :(

Found a lighter the other day, now thats bugger all you say, but why have a lighter on a 20ft planing keel boat :eh:

If we answer that do we get a bottle of Rum or get you arrested? :wink: :lol:

Me Too ! Bought a virtually brand new Queen size inner sprung off Trade Me, and cut it down to suit the V-berth in the 1020.

Took many hrs cutting and sewing, but looks professional, and was awesome to sleep on down the Sounds at Christmas ! :D

Have you got padding on the underside of deck for when you try to sleep on the innersprung when it gets rough?

Steamed wood can be bent into shape for boat building Bimini Babe.

I also have a 100 metres of garden hose on a reel for connecting to the nearest tap.

I built a sprung slat timber base for the matress. It gives great support, enough movement for just a little more comfort and plenty of air movement throught he matress which is essential on a boat. The airspace currently under the bed is a good 4 -500mm deep, so there is plenty of air movement.

Only my feet are under the fore deck. Forward cabin has reasonable headroom, so not an issue.

Inner sprung mattress is twice as deep as the std squabs are, so awesomely comfortable. We spent two weeks in Queen Charlotte Sound at Christmas, and I can't ever remember sleeping so well !

Took the mattress out after summer, and is in storage at home now. I race JE, so the extra weight and gaurantee it would get wet, mean it's better off at home !

Ice axes, crampons, snow stake avalanche probes? Always handy to have around onboard.

The cat onboard would e useful bed warmer for the innersprung matress.

If you intend using all that gear while you are cruising, you will need more than a cat to keep you warm. :crazy:

Strange, I know, but I would prefer a woman to help warm my bed - I may even find one, one day :lol:

Archived