and due to the nature of my Job,so l won't be able to come and check

it? I have arranged for a pickup agent( Shipper ) who will be coming

to pick it up as soon as the payment is made and i'll like to pay u

through paypal and do u have a paypal acct so i can make the payment

of the funds

PayPal account email:

PayPal account Name:

Phone Number:

Anyone else had this problem selling a boat there?

I had a person from the USA want to buy the Ant sight unseen once. Same wording more or less. Told him to pay the money to my solicitors trust a/c, and never heard from him again.

Even if it was legit, there is no reason to give someone your PayPal info so they can hack your account. Paypal can produce invoices, that can be emailed and paid online without disclosing anything....

It's a scam alright, there is no reason to give a pay pal name only an E-mail address.

Had the same approach when I was selling a trailer sailer about 3 years ago, I was going to ignore them but got curious so sent them a reply without my pay pal name. I then received a fake message pretending to be from PayPal claiming that they had received payment into my Paypal account. This payment was claimed to be for my agreed purchase price plus an amount for freight, I was supposed to forward the freight amount to a third party freight company (in Malaysia), and once this was confirmed then my funds would be released to me.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

sorry I did not mean to infer that it was not a scam. it definitely is! there is no reason ever to give your account details to anyone. same as your bank...

Brendan, did you fwd the scam email to PayPal? they do try to track these people down, and would appreciate it.

We thought we had someone scamming us recently on trade me with an item for sale for a few thousand. Whoever it was only sent texts in what was obviously a second language. I ended up opening a new account (love online banking..these things are so easy to do now) and gave him/her that. When the balance showed I still rang our bank to make sure it was a legitimate deposit, and we were still suspicious but he turned up a week later to collect. Nice chap!

Turns out he is a chek national living in NZ with limited English. I was so convinced otherwise!

I'm having real trouble setting up a paypal account for this guy. He's doing his best to talk me through it but I'm just not that good with computers, new to email, forgotten password etc. Although i do admire has patience. Scumbag.

1h40m.

Had the guy - and his supervisor - sounding like they were ready to jump out any window they could find. I possibly could have mentioned I was using a Mac before the 1 hour mark, and probably shouldn't have turned on guest account on my machine (a dev machine that was about to be reformatted anyway) and let them log in with TeamViewer (my goodness that is tricky to set up!).

I also probably shouldn't have had goatse (if you don't know, DON'T look) up on the screen with 'B*GGER OFF LOSERS' as the Coup de grâce.

I also probably shouldn't have had goatse (if you don't know, DON'T look) up on the screen with 'B*GGER OFF LOSERS' as the Coup de grâce.

Too late! Looked! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: Nice job though! Anu chance of doing the same for the idiot who bid $4000 for my Ross 40 mast then did nothing? Has quite a history of doing this. bids but never answers emails, contacts the seller. Time waster!!

I had an interested party, when I sold "Idler"....he needed certain details......

but under the circumstances, it seemed that I did too....

that is, I happened to need his bank details.....and a small deposit to clear some small things....

the more he did, the more I did...

.....if you leave a mobile number on ebay for interested people you will almost always get a text message from a differant country...

Archived