have a delivery cruise this weekend on a 30' Trimaran, its a hartley or piver type, so a big bulky cruiser type, but have been told she can have legs in anything upto 30 knots, she has been set up for offshore, though i'm yet to take a look at the boat, just out of curiosity as to how high i can point her and how they generally handle, the delivery is from little shoal bay in auckland to ngunguru in the north, so about 82 NM or so. forecast is saying 10 - 30 with a nne direction...

sails consist of a main and furling genoa and some unknown, will ascertain all this on saturday.

Yo Quismiff, there is a full range of forecasts for the weekend, depending on who you believe and how the system/s are coming through. Not a lot of options for shelter between Kawau/Leigh and Whangarei Harbour in an easterly and Swellmap is forecasting an easterly swell of 1-1.5m by Saturday afternoon which has the potential to provide a final burst of adrenalin at the Ngunguru entrance. I'd be giving some serious consideration to Plan B...

yea its that Hartly ex TL systems =) know any more about it?

i am planning on some nasty stuff, wet weather gear, boots, lifejackets harness(s) and i've looked across all options of weather this weekend, and hoping it sorta sticks between 10 and 20 not allowing for gusts, may have to man the traveller... it looks like its ene now and swinging more east in the late arvo... but who can ever tell with our weather...

ngunguru entrance that bad with a nor east swell? i thought it was mainly sou east? i'm up for adrenaline, i could use the wake up call...

need to be reminded i'm not 10' tall and bullet proof i think... family man and all now :lol:

ngunguru entrance that bad with a nor east swell? i thought it was mainly sou east? i'm up for adrenaline, i could use the wake up call...

Have a look for yourself, it's free and has wind predictions as well:

http://swellmap.com/reg_forecasts.php?tag=Ngur#anchor

I'm not saying it is going to be bad (or not) - it is just one source of info. But it's another factor that is looking less-than-ideal to bear in mind at the end of your trip.

hmmmm i sees what you mean... :think:

will keep assessing the situation... every site says something different... it all seems un predictable... maybe i should try and find a 'happy' medium and hope that its close on the money... might sit down with the charts on the pc tonight and have a play...

Have a look for yourself, it's free and has wind predictions as well:

http://swellmap.com/reg_forecasts.php?tag=Ngur#anchor

I'm not saying it is going to be bad (or not) - it is just one source of info. But it's another factor that is looking less-than-ideal to bear in mind at the end of your trip.

too many wiggly things to go to sea, stay home have a cuppa, look at it on monday