2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 2

Cameron

The fleet are having a dream run with weather so far... (ok a 20-30 knot send downhill may be better...but can't complain about what they are getting after the last two big round island races run by SSANZ)

I'm loving the way Div 4 is lining up. Be nice to get a commentary off each boat to suss what their thinking is.

Don't think I'd like to be where Berenice is and would prefer to be where Pepe is. Smart thinking on CC with the drifting west track. Gonna be fun to see the boats lite up when the breeze kicks in especially if it's got any Nth in it.

Don't think I'd like to be where Berenice is and would prefer to be where Pepe is. Smart thinking on CC with the drifting west track. Gonna be fun to see the boats lite up when the breeze kicks in especially if it's got any Nth in it.

Really? CC's move looked only to drop them back. Berenice cut the corner and made a gain. With wind shifting right the fleet will lay through... Berenice doesn't look like a boat to boogie so reducing distance is the way to go

Screen-Shot-2014-02-12-at-7.37.22-am.jpg

Added bonus for CC is they have placed themselves perfectly to be the first boat in the fleet to have the breeze go forward..... DOH!

must agree with cam, couldnt believe the extra tack cc put in, all wrong ??

and then again looking this morning, they have done it again, is there something happening out there with cc,s weather we don't know about.

must agree with cam, couldnt believe the extra tack cc put in, all wrong ??

and then again looking this morning, they have done it again, is there something happening out there with cc,s weather we don't know about.

Perhaps the head only works on one tack or they just wanted a change of scenery :lol:

Glen, I don't think Cool Change have tacked again... just experienced a big header. Now pointing at Berenice's transom. The fleet should all still lay the corner...just going to be a little tighter than earlier forecast... should be fun once past Egmont (at least for a while)

Think you're right Cam, the weather didn't pan out as what I saw suggested. Shame as it may have given CC a chance to pull back some miles.

Smithy would have to be happy at the moment. For some reason he didn't seem to rate his chances that high but so far the Marshall's been doing well.

I wanna see Pepe lite up. Knot quite her ideal conditions so far but given a chance I think she'll spark up real well.

How you getting that weather on screen?

yer i realized after reading my post i made it seem like they tacked again, but i meant they are doing funny things in their course, i.e. maybe they just sailed to the wind direction during the night not realizing they had changed course? or maybe its part of the bigger plan and they are working on getting their handicap lower! didnt cool change used to have a phrf of 8.0 or 8.1 a few years ago?

Cam and I flew out to see the boats yesterday off Kaipara Harbour. A lot further out than I'd expected (about 80 miles offshore) and the fleet spread out more than the impression you get looking at the little shapes on the tracker :-)

Anyway, we couldn't find the leaders but got a few of the ones closer to shore. It looked beautiful out there

Here's a sample, more on the SSANZ Facebook page

post-12703-14188726373.jpg

post-12703-141887263733.jpg

post-12703-141887263737.jpg

post-12703-141887263739.jpg

post-12703-141887263741_thumb.jpg

post-12703-141887263746.jpg

post-12703-141887263748_thumb.jpg

A lot of the crews had two on deck... but not the Truxton. Shane was driving while Skinner was having yet another sleep! I'm sure Skinner will tell a different story but we have the photographic evidence!

#2014RNI

Great Pics. Man they have been lucky with the weather so far this year! I reckon once around egmont it will start to veer to the NW - should be a good ride to Wellington.

Damn bank account! Wish I was there.... :(

Hmm - from Yellow Brick tracker at 3pm today Blink is doing 12 knots with 104.7 nm to go. Something tells me we may not get much sleep tonight in Welly...!

Where is finish line in Wellington. ? Quite keen on heading down for a look.

Archived