Social Race to the Riverhead Pub?

Been thinking of ideas since our 8.5m Meeting the other night and wondered about a race to the Riverhead pub as an idea.

It's 10nm from the Harbour Bridge to the pub, so hopefully about 1-1.5 hours each way. Its only the last 3.5nm that get really tidal so if we plan it right, we should get a bit of Pub time in the middle.

The Upper Harbour bridge has 17m clearance so should be fine. There is a set of powerlines near the pub that I can't find a height for on just yet.

Maybe start at Westhaven, finish at the pub - sail/motor as you like in between!

Id be up for that, a cruise up to home waters.

Need to check out the power line clearance on the lines from around the Huapai Golf club area to the other side, maybe Clipper can give us this info, he's in that business.

Charts for the area should gve the official clearance, but I will look it up as well. Not something you want to hit with an ali mast, especially me - how would I explain that on monday morning...?

Post deleted

was that something you weren't supposed to share?

Just being sensible (arse covering). I worked out a safe height, and can talk about things offline, but it may be on my head if the info I provided was out there on the net and was misused. The appropriate way to get the information is to ask Transpower, who can officially reply. Its all good for 8.5s though, I will talk to you about your mast height when I collect my new go fast storage bags.

I'd be keen to come down and do that trip on Pulse.

But can we have some sensible information regarding air draft. Or PM me please if you have info that you don't want public.

It would seem my 16.3m air draft may be marginal??

I'd be keen to come ....It would seem my 16.3m air draft may be marginal??

Put all your cruising gear back on ... that'll get the height down a meter or 2!

I'd be keen to come down and do that trip on Pulse.

But can we have some sensible information regarding air draft. Or PM me please if you have info that you don't want public.

It would seem my 16.3m air draft may be marginal??

I'm working on it. I understand Freeeeeeeedom should be getting a call from the maintnece contractor too, with regards to an official height.

The allowable heights shoud be on the structures, but it is a bit late when you get there to see if it is too low...

I'm confident 8.5s will be fine, would be waiting for something official befoe planning your trip though Tim. I'll give you the story up at marsedn cove.

At Kens request, I've contacted the relevant authorities to get us an official height of the Powerlines. So far its involved 4 phone calls to different companies and they were meant to give me the answer yesterday. I'll let you know when they do get back to me.

The general feeling I got from them was that they should be higher than the Upper Harbour Bridge, so if you make it under there you should be fine. It has 17m according to the charts.

Screenshot_2014-03-05-09-23-58.png