All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. So, how long do these surveys last? Or is it just because of an Insurance co change?
  3. Thanks, Have a perfectly functioning one that I guess will find out if it is compliant it is next week when I get my insurance survey. Young 88 class
  4. I note those rules don't say anything about it being operational, or certified. I can sell you my old but very high quality gimballed stove with oven and grill. You could use it like a museum piece, and use a jet boil for heating up your tea. What class is that?
  5. Do they stipulate the temperature setting of the beer fridge and brand of rum as well? ๐Ÿคจ
  6. Two blade prop, off Yanmar saildrive. I've replaced it with a Kiwiprop. It's a Briski LH 15 x 11. Any reasonable offer will do, I'll never use it again. Photos give an idea of the condition. Only caveat, it's a heavy item, so the buyer will have to pick up. ph 021 153 0747
  7. Interestingly, I couldn't actually install a kero stove if i wanted to.... according to class rules... (d) Prior to 1st January 2006, a minimum two-burner stove with grill and/or oven in working order shall be permanently fitted with a gimballed fitting. With effect from 1st January 2006, as a minimum requirement, a two-burner LPG stove with grill and/or oven in working order shall be fitted permanently with a gimballed mounting and any dispensations given under rule 2.9 will cease to apply to this rule from that date.
  8. unfortunately it didnt turn out to be a straight job , due to a suppliers issues, nothing wrong with Bud and Lidgards work.
  9. Adix is 212 feet long. Collaboration between Lidgard and Nalder. 12 sailmakers, 5 months, new spectra fabric. Built in 2015. Cost over a million bucks. https://www.lidgardsails.com/ClassicSails.aspx https://nelsonweekly.co.nz/2015/07/nelson-sail-maker-wins-dream-job/ https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/boating/72316947/more-than-a-million-dollars-in-sails
  10. Bit of vigilence by Barrier residents could row out and inform them about anchoring etc wouldnt go astray?
  11. Yesterday
  12. Aotea / Great Barrier local board chairperson Izzy Fordham said putting in new moorings could be a win-win. "We've got some evidence of how it works in Australia; they can be booked online, so it could be a revenue gain as well. Helping the community and helping those boaties also." And: We've traced a boat - a superyacht - and it's come into Barrier on the west side, anchored, [then] it's gone round to the east side and it's anchored. And then it [went] right round past the north edge of the island to Mangawhai, so how can you stop them? "These are superyachts that come fr
  13. Update. Looks like a bit of sense will be applied and public moorings may be made available. https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/514752/aotea-great-barrier-island-businesses-welcome-new-moorings-for-boaties-hit-by-caulerpa-ban
  14. You'll get a response. As this will be deemed a OIA request. In the unlikely event you don't get a response, you can file with the ombudsman. What will be interesting is what kind of response you get ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚. ... .. Thanks for taking the initiative.
  15. Jon... you might want to edit some of your spelling!๐Ÿคฃ
  16. Note the Lidgard sails on her. And no, I am just observant.
  17. LBD

Neat Video Links

Leo from the Tally Ho restoration in a different role...
  18. The only new stocks I did were of 2205 Duplex ss with tangs plug welded by a top NZ SS fabricator , now sadly deceased.
  19. Last week
  20. Well, if nothing, next is to pass it on to an MP - isnt this Govt supposed to be removing red tape
  21. enjineer, surely? Now I know that, I'll type slowly so you can follow... ๐Ÿ˜†
  22. jib / gib How many times do I have to tell you I'm an engineer and not an English teacher?!?
  23. Just furl the jib and it will be accessable, surely ๐Ÿ˜ For my sins I once managed a tertiary provider of training to the plumbing and gas industry. The board was, to put it succinctly, a collection of geriatric iliterates with a fondness for gin and ensuring the continued protected status of thier businesses. It may have changed, but I see no evidence.
  24. That is great IT, I hope it effects positive change. There are two other tales I'd like to recount from my dealings with gas fitters, that indicate the Gasfitters Board has far more significant issues than just this. The first one I spoke to stated that bayonet quick disconnect fittings are required on the gas bottle. This is so emergency services can remove the gas bottle without tools. I thought that was a bit odd, cause bayonet fittings are notoriously unreliable and leak like a bastard. Turns out the regs don't require this. So the gas fitter was telling me I needed something tha
  25. Ok, further to that. Today I have made a complaint to the Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board as follows. "I would like to complain about the current situation regarding LPG on Boats. To get a gas cert for the vessel is currently impossible without a complete reinstall. The issue is that despite current standard, page iii "This Standard includes a statement that its requirements do not apply retrospectively" the gas fitters are insisting on compliance with the CURRENT standards, even for an EXISTING installation. This is in direct contradiction to the current standard,
  26. I totally understand your position. It's a shambles and I don't believe was the intention of the standard. The issue is that the gas installers wont take the "risk" of signing off the install, even though it IS compliant with current standards (Through the retrospective clause). They feel they are at risk, and are not prepared to accept that "risk". IMO this is a failure of the gas registration and education system. My boat is in the same situation as yours - built in 1988. My insurance condition report stated "gas compliant at time of install" and that was accepted. There are
  27. I would be very very keen to hear if you can name a gas fitter that will sign off (issue a gas certificate) for work on part of a system if the remainder of the system doesn't comply with the standard. I'm not wanting to sound argumentative, but after my recent personal experience of trying to find a gas fitter that understands the basics of NZS 5601 part 2, I think finding someone that would do what you outline would be akin to finding rocking horse sh*t. I asked gas fitters if they would do this, as what you say was my interpretation of the standards as well. I had intensive discussions
  1. Load more activity
ร—
ร—