Weather nasty coming our way

Battgirl

Yes it looks really nasty. There is going to be a high sitting between it and Oz and maybe, just maybe it might push it further East as it drops down. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

We are on our way back from a week up north a few days early to get onto the marina before it sets in...although still early could be ugly if it hits as predicted

We are on our way back from a week up north a few days early to get onto the marina before it sets in...although still early could be ugly if it hits as predicted

Good luck mate!! Maybe a stop off en route may be an idea? Looks very ugly...

Ooo, if it has a name, it must be nasty. It looks like the current path will mean winds of 45 to 50kts sustained, with much higher gusts for Auckland.

KM, you better tie down that Boat cover or you might be picked up on Aircraft Radar heading towards Whangarae and I am sure you don't want to relocate there.

Good luck mate!! Maybe a stop off en route may be an idea? Looks very ugly...

Yep - definitely - at urquharts bay and will spend a couple of nights at kawau while keeping a close eye on developments -not far to bolt from there should the need arise !

Looks like the "weather" is heading for Fiji at this stage, it may and probably will still head south, but I doubt it will be in the time frame currently being suggested.

yup, nothing showing in the clouds thus far, that cold front mid tasman should give us some rain though and possibly/ probably shunt the T away

It is currently about 1000Km north of us and tracking slightly to the West side of Auckland instead of the East side as earlier predicted. Auckland won't get anything proper till about late Friday afternoon, but from Auckland North, there will already be Easterly Winds which will slowly continue to freshen as the Storm drops down. The centre may be a long way away still, but this thing is big in area that it covers.

Generally, there will be heavy Rain over most of the North and upper South Island, but it looks like the Wind won't be so strong as earlier predicted, with Winds at about 30 to 40 kts instead of the 40 to 50kts. Lots of Rain though, so some places in the Country are going to experience flooding I expect.

120mts of 100mm wide 1000mph tape just applied to boat shed.

4 x 2500kg Tie-downs plus 100mts odd of dyneema rope also installed to boat shed in an attempt to keep it attached to the ground.

Fingers now crossed.

Now that you have done all of that Knot we will be assured of bugger all wind at all now :lol:
I can live with that but as the wife wants to wash the car that means the rains still gonna come :lol:
Looks like the "weather" is heading for Fiji at this stage, it may and probably will still head south, but I doubt it will be in the time frame currently being suggested.

yup, nothing showing in the clouds thus far, that cold front mid tasman should give us some rain though and possibly/ probably shunt the T away

having a bit of a rethink on this....

http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/charts/ ... _col.shtml

animated view at

http://earth.nullschool.net/

Drag the area north of NZ to the centre of the screen and scroll the mouse to make the image larger or smaller.

Double click any spot on the map and you will see a reading in the bottom left of the wind speed and direction. This is in real time wind around the world but you should refresh the screen now and then.

Archived