Duct, Duck, 1000mph tape

The stuff is great but like most 'new and improved' things these days some of the new stuff is just sh*t when talking stick as many just don't have bugger all.

Anyone know of the mother fornicator of all sticky 1000mph tape maybe acquired or some tape similar?

Don't care if it never comes off ever again, what colour it is or who it votes for, I just want some that will stay stuck for more then a frecking fortnight. To be stuck on that shrinkwrap plastic, outside in the weather.

Gaffer tape is sticky yes, but it is designed to pull off and not take the paint or whatever underneath with it and not leave sticky residue. Unlike Duct Tape, which is designed to stay put.

KM, Duct tape is no good outside for long. The tape just falls away from the sticky after the Sun has been on it for a few weeks. For that shrink wrap, you need a plastic tape that is designed for Plastic Green Houses. Garden Shops that sell the Plastic sheeting ( which is called Agrithane I think) sell it and I am pretty sure I have seen it in Mitre10mega. It is available in 50mm and 75mm wide, sticks so good that you don't get a second chance with it and stays as long as the plastic lasts.

Thanks team.

Some of them have lasted as long as the structure (9 months odd) but some last a week. All appear to be the same thing.

The best was some white stuff I got from Silverdale. No name on it and it came in 50 and 100mm. I think my bike wants to go to Silverdale tomorrow, that's convenient timing :)

Pretty sure I got my stuff at super cheap auto in Wairau road - sold as "race tape". Lasted pretty well outside.

I've also used 3m scotch brand tape, and a clear tape (not fabric) that I use around the garden and house - pretty heavy duty and weather resistant:

http://tapespec.co.nz/shop/Futureseal+I ... +Tape.html

Can vouch for that stuff: it's holding the bumper on my car at the moment.

Get ya cuzzies to send you some silage tape

Or go to a farm supply store ( Farmlands, RD1 etc)

cheap and made to stick plastic together outside.

Cloth reinforced polyethylene tape. From the nice people at Shrinkwrap Supplies in Silverdale and for using on shrinkwrap.

100mm wide x 30mts long for the princely sum of $12 per roll plus tax. They have 50mm as well.

post-646-141887264452.jpg

Archived