Auckland Regatta

MOTORBOAT

Not really a catch 22. The Notice of race is out and that specifies the divisions the regatta is trying for.

Likewise the notice of race has a schedule - including:

"The Friday Race will begin at 1600hrs from each club and will be a harbour course"

and also:

"The Scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race on Saturday and Sunday is 0955hrs"

If there are enough entries the divisions will stay as specified. But as it says in 3.9 - "The OA reserves the right to determine the final divisional structure"

So the information is all there as it should be in the notice of race. Just gotta look for it!

The Current Entry list is here: http://www.aucklandregatta.co.nz/Regatt ... +List.html

Its a bit like those that say im not entering because there is no one entered yet - Take a leaf from Motorboat's book, get entered and encourage more people to enter, if we all sit around waiting for someone else to enter first no one will sail!

online entry through squadron website doesn't work. it worked for me last week to enter a wednesday night race.

Dean just said it didn't work for him either

online entry through squadron website doesn't work. it worked for me last week to enter a wednesday night race.

They have trouble with the multi's online payment apparently - Us trouble! :-)

Call the office and Andi will take your card payment and details to enter. 09-3606-809

They have trouble with the multi's online payment apparently - Us trouble! :-)

Call the office and Andi will take your card payment and details to enter. 09-3606-809

yup, it works now.

I have entered.

I read on the website that there is a beach party at Motuihe still. I had understood there wasn't going to be and we were going to Jack Tars? Can anyone confirm?

Fairly sure the race on Friday is with Kites etc? Its a friday afternoon harbour course rather than a rum race?

I went to check the sailig sailing instructions, however, they say they will not be online till 1700 hours on monday 17th.

Oh wait... :o

ask for a copy last night and apparently they are still being worked on, how many changes can there be from last year?

Very frustrating, I have pulled the pin on Friday as I cant give the crew info, and probably wont make Saturday party as I haven't been able to book the shuttle as I have no idea what time we are likely to be back in the marina

So where are all the C and D division boats for the Auckland regatta,

why is no one coming to play? Am I missing something?

Perhaps that 0.765 doesn't round to 0.700?

Are the C and D boats possibly getting combined?

Dear Akl Regatta management,

I'm 99% sure we ticked the 'Would you like wind with your regatta?' box on the entry form so if tonite is anything to go by please be warned we'll be coming looking for a refund.

Hugs and kisses,

A knot blown away yachtie

I do hope tonite isn't a sign of the weekend to come weather wise or she'll be a looooonnnnggggg weekend in the old family cruiser :?

Perfect SR26 weather KM.....

Setting a 11nm course in dying breeze with a 2hr time limit was not smart though.

No finishes.....

Motorboat smacked the fleet on line.

Its scary out here in all this wind.... Gusting 0.8 knots right mow. Bugger realy as its a good fleet ready to go. Our cook has promised a fresh seafood lunch after he discovered a rod didn't get taken off the boat. A few of the crew needed to eat lunch early after a goodie at Jack Tars last nite.

thanks to the norths RIB on Saturday afternoon for undertaking a life saving mission,

Rawhide had allowed 6 beers per person but 30min out of pine harbour it was a dry boat when our luck for the day changed and the Norths RIB pulled up along side and asked if we would like to sample some cold craft beers. Much appreciated!!

Archived