Auckland Regatta

MOTORBOAT

Well there has to be gazillions of worse ways to spend a weekend. The weather played hard to get with the big boys course having to wait until 2pm on Saturday to get a start in and only 2 races. A small wait in Sunday but the PRO pushed on and we got 4 races in yesterday. I hear there were waits on the other courses as well. One thing about yachting regattas, you can control it all bar the bloody weather. In the super light our old family cruiser is a tad sticky so the wind filled in a tad late in the weekend for us to do repeat last years results but we have fun all the same.

Thanks to Squaddy, BBYC, the rockin steak sammys put on by Kohi YC, Phil 'bang out some tunes' and of course Jack Tars whose support is much appreciated, as was the great surrounds and service.

And far from last or least a big thanks to all the volunteers who gave their time so we could have fun, your hard work is appreciated more then you know.

Yeah big ups to the race officials on the MRX/1020/88/930 course. Other than the first race where we got a 90 degree shift midway each course and line was bang on. Shifts where needed done expertly. We got in 4 races Saturday and 3 on Sunday and were first fleet back to the bar both days :-)

We were tail end charlie most of the time, shame more didn't turn up, but the racing was first class. We did fluke a 3rd in one race and beat 2 boats we've never beaten before :-)

Congratulations to Hotdogger, Ross 930 National Champ, and The Entertainer first on Handicap. Hotdogger won every race but had to work hard for it.

Yeah big ups to the race officials on the MRX/1020/88/930 course. Other than the first race where we got a 90 degree shift midway each course and line was bang on. Shifts where needed done expertly. We got in 4 races Saturday and 3 on Sunday and were first fleet back to the bar both days :-)

We were tail end charlie most of the time, shame more didn't turn up, but the racing was first class. We did fluke a 3rd in one race and beat 2 boats we've never beaten before :-)

Congratulations to Hotdogger, Ross 930 National Champ, and The Entertainer first on Handicap. Hotdogger won every race but had to work hard for it.

Ditto, well done to Hotdogger. Really schooled the rest of us :clap:

Great event and big thanks to all organisers, help and sponsors. I reckon the next step is getting our champs held as a stand alone event; as much as I love tangling with the other fleets on the course.

I'll second those comments, Phil. The race management had a lot of work shuffling marks around to get a fair race track for us all, great job.

Thanks to Pete Parkin and the Jack Tar crew for supporting the Regatta, he says he's thinking about doing it again next year, hope so.

Thanks to my crew and Trubi for making the boat go fast and the right way when we needed to, also Mean Streak and The Entertainer for keeping it close, especially Day Two!

Archived