AKL--Tauranga at easter

Duty Free

Nice start.

All away well.

Steady 20-25 at the start with similar predicted for the trip over the Firth of Thames.

Disappointed about the Giacomo no show. As waikiore says it is supposed to be a professional show. a no show calls that into question.

Good to see some boats away and good luck to them. Looks like good conditions after all the drama this morning.

I can assure you all the reasons for Giacomo staying at the dock are sound and the boat and crew are looking forward to fiji in a few weeks.

We note that Smudge has taken a dramatic turn away from the pack and fear they may have a problem. Can't think of another reason for the divergence - not a usual route alternative I don't think. Have no way of checking for now.

Just been on the fone to Tga, looks like 2 more are out. Possibly smudge and Lightspeed(?).

The rest seem to be making steady progress across the firth.

My pick for an eta of Crusader and it's sistership will be betwen 5am and 6am.

Only 6 boats left???

I don't blame them. What a rough ride so far and That will be one rough patch of water right now at channel island, at night, hats off to those guys. They deserve the send of their lives into Tauranga :thumbup:

The virtual race on Sailonline started at the originally scheduled time and in our Young 11s we fairly scooted our way to Tauranga. The first virtual boats are arriving and we set a (virtual) record time of 15h 21m 8s - our best ever!

Thank you to all updating the info on the IRL race here - Sailonline usually brings Open Country's track onto the virtual race screen so we have an idea of what is going on but without OC this year we don't have "inside info" as we usually do :-)

SO.. all pics and reports much appreciated :thumbup:

Archived