32nd Round Waiheke Race Sat 13th Feb

Meg Maraetai Sailing Club isn't an affiliated club from memory

Who on earth told you that?

For many years it wasn't as all your fizzy members didn't want to pay a YNZ levy so are you saying that it is now ?

When the fizzies at MBBC kicked up a stink many years ago, we formed Maraetai Sailing Club which has been affiliated since.

New Race Record

I will post the results as soon as I can.

I see the new record was only enough to get Simon 3rd on handicap, tough crowd you multihullers.

Great to see you all there.

I guess the 20 gusting 30 might have put a few off but it was still a great fleet of boats.

I haven't seen SD out with that big genny in that much wind (passage rock to finish) and she looked spectacular going upwind. Passed us doing at least 5 knots more than us. Much of the time was flying (or just about) a hull.

I think we finished in 2.40, which is a pretty good time and Taeping were more than 10 minutes ahead and SD probably about 5, ahead.

We did have a terrific run down the back of Waiheke often topping over 22 knots (fast for us offwind) but really struggle upwind in the fresh and a chop.

New Race Record

I will post the results as soon as I can.

I see the new record was only enough to get Simon 3rd on handicap, tough crowd you multihullers.

Great to see you all there.

It was a great event Steve, and thanks to all your organisers and Race Officers.

well done Simon a new Record.

Sorry we couldn't make the prizegiving.

where will the results be posted ?

They will be on our PHCC website and I will also transfer them to this thread.

Big thrill for all watching G3. Seems he'd do well charging joy riders from what I heard last night. I got no takers for paying to sail with me??

We managed to sneak ahead of Future Feedback on the beat until some sloppy kite handling put us back to 1st loser.

BBYC really dominated and took away the Top Club Trophy.

Resivor (Joker 6.7) won the SSANZ 2 handed cup.(as well as most of the door prizes.)

The breakwater party on the multihull platforms was sorely missed.

The breakwater party on the multihull platforms was sorely missed.

Yeah it used to be legendary that !

Since then we've all had repaints !

We need to attract back the cruising multis.

My thoughts are 2 x multi starts, 1x at 9.30 for the cruising boats.

Plus we should look at the prize side of things especially for the non racers, I would think it would be in the best interests

of the NZMYC to better promote this event and perhaps we should offer some extra prizes ?

In past years we've had well over 20 boats, and we need to get back to that.

I just think from the multi point of view we need to promote it better.

Archived