WANTED: Life raft wanted 6-8 man (buy or borrow)

syohana

Wanted: Liferaft. Buy or borrow/hire for 6 months.

Weight is important, preferably under 40kg max.

6-8 person.

Can be expired but must have been serviced some time in the last 5 ish years.

Not more than 10 ish years old.

Prefer hard case but not essential.

Prefer quality brand with double floor, would consider cheaper brand if it's newer.

Any pack is OK but Cat1 or SOLAS preferred.

Please use the email/PM button to contact me.

Price - please remember the cost of servicing is about $1500 so an expired raft is not worth much but we can discuss price depending on model, etc.

Thanks!

Talk to TML, see their advert on the right! Please support our advertisers if you can ☺

Thanks, I didn't know about TML. I clicked the ad and had a look at their website hoping they were more competitive but the prices seem just as crazy as other NZ suppliers - only the 4 man on their website but that's $3000+ dollars for a cheap chinese raft which would normally cost $1000 anywhere but NZ. I will give them a call on Monday to see if they have any second hand rafts.

I find it shocking the excessive pricing of safety equipment in NZ - the suppliers could sell three times as much of it at half the price and not only would they make more money but they would save lives as well.

Service cost too - $200-400 to service a liferaft in the UK, $1000-$2000 here. Makes no sense. :thumbdown:

Anyone out there got a decent raft sat in their garage not doing much?

How often do they need to be serviced these days?

usually every 3 years (recommended, or required for cat 1 on NZ boats) on a private vessel or every 1 year for commercial use. I initially just need one for private use so it doesn't have to be in survey, but I might want to service it for use on a commercial vessel later.

Archived