ANZ Sail Fiji

Island Time

It's the last half of the RNI all over again. Poor buggers. It must be horrible out there. Go the mighty Squealer though. Punching well above their weight!!

I agree, Squealer doing well. A tough race alright. Who wants to go to weather for a week in 25+ knots? Not me....

The attrition rate is building.

That grib file looks impressive but understates the wind a bit. (observation only, not a complaint!)

My nowcasting app has tutukaka avg 53 knots, peak 62, and Mokohinaus avg 40 gusting 50. Bay of Islands is showing a little bit lower at avg 37 peak 49.

Yuck. Pleased I'm not out there trying to get back to NZ with a damaged boat, that's for sure. Will be pleased for them when they get in.

yes, for surreal its far more comfortable than trying to head the other way I'm sure!

When I wrote that I was thinking more of looking at Kia kahas progress this morning having to go across the wind to get into BOI. They look to be well inside now, not too long and they will be able to start drying out!

Go the Mighty 10.5 alright! Those boys and gal have transformed the Butcher into a great ship.

Must be tough going on the ole girl but she's more than holding her own alright. Being that close to her ole man the Bullrush is impressive to see.

Really hope they punch this one out

Full credit to all the crews though, looks like a beast of ride.

Archived