Marshall Islands Warning Contaminated

sailinghigh

Marshall Islands Warning Contaminated

f4902682f3fc29b22ecd54933518a885093c1ad3_620x310.jpg

America's shame - the N-bomb guinea pigs

The US nuclear test at Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands was 1000 times larger than the bombs that obliterated Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

"More than 60 years on, the fallout, literal and moral, from the test has not been cleaned up.

Two generations of birth defects and cancers, notably thyroid cancers and leukaemia, have ravaged the atolls' population, and women have given birth to babies that looked like bunches of grapes or jellyfish."

"Speaking from his base in Santa Fe, New Mexico, he says the documents constitute "black and white" evidence of what has long been alleged and suspected - that the contamination of the Marshalls atolls, far from being an unhappy accident, was a premeditated, minutely planned and cynically executed experiment to establish the long-term effects of radiation poisoning on humans."

"Getting the story told and in the public view is hard," Horowitz says. "But it is an important story. There were thousands of Americans murdered by radiation experiments, and the Marshall Islands story is one of a list of deliberate exposures of people that were done during the Cold War."

Nuclear Savage screens on May 22, 24 and 31 as part of the Documentary Edge

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11256375&ref=rss

The more you read about what happened at Bikini Atoll and its surrounding atolls, the worse it gets.

This was a trial and error stage of Atomic weapons. They tested the first Hydrogen bomb here and it turned out to be much larger than expected (maybe a 1000 times). The neighbouring atoll (and its people) had radioactive snow fall on them. Bikini is still uninhabitable even after the clean up.

In saying that, the diving is meant to be amazing, as the parked a whole fleet of Jap and USA warships there and set off a bomb to see what would happen to them.

Just read the article and would like to go and see the movie. Pity its only on at Thursday 2pm (while I'm at work) and Saturday afternoon (when I'll be racing) :evil: :evil:

Poms did the same thing on a smaller scale in Australia, first the Montebello islands off the northern coast of WA and subsequently Maralinga in Sth Australia.

Fallout from the Maralianga tests passed over populated áreas including Adelaide where future British prime minister to be Tony Blair was living as a child.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/08/ ... 21707.html

In spite of his mother dying of thyroid cáncer most likely caused by the fallout, whilst PM he continued the line that the tests had not had any effects on servicemen or civilian poulation. Typical hypocritical pollie

Went into a house recently and the old chap had photos of the Bikini blast on the wall. It wasn't till I looked closely I realised these were not press photos but his own snapshots. He told me over 80% of his crew mates (English navy) died prematurely, mostly cancers.

Glad you NZer's will have a chance to see it. It's hard to watch, but

very well done.

Here is more on the story of how U.S. "public" TV refuses to

broadcast a program that they themselves paid for . .

http://fair.org/extra-online-articles/n ... stalemate/

The only way I could see it was to order a copy directly

from the film maker - (Adam Horowitz, Primordial Soup Co.)

Just one more reason why I'm proud to be working on the

Veterans for Peace Golden Rule Project.

Archived