What happend to Final Decision (Elliott 780)?

Absolution

Erazer in WGTN, doubt Chris would ever sell it though, he loves it and had it since new I think. Cool design, keeps the 9m boats of a similar age and the well sailed SRs honest.

Apart from the lidgard sails regatta and the simrad Erazer hasn't raced in the last 5 years. She's got pretty old sails and chris cook strait proofed her when he built her.

Great boat but not quite in the motorboat final decision league

Congratulations!

A quick check on racetrack

Eraser 0.7471

Final Decision 0.7823

Well sailed SR26 (Motorboat) 0.8275

Sorry Booboo, I meant 'cool design' (the 780 in general) not Erazer specifically and certainly not in isolation against the monstrously quicker and mightier Motorboat. :)

Average SR racetrack rating is 0.7652

Average 780 racetrack rating is 0.7509 if you discount the one sitting at 0.6990 which is a lot off the pace in this instance, for whatever reason.

Average 930 racetrack rating is 0.7672

For a trailer boat they punch pretty hard - Final Decision @ 0.7823 isnt far off 2nd quickest SR the Rattle @ 0.7961 but different timeframes/races for the data so hard to compare and its an election year and we will all be baffled by numbers by the end of it...

As Sow1d mentioned Erazer is straight proofed with additional lead/structure, that might even be a bonus for someone like Fineline where he is now on the windy west coast!

I can ask the owner of Phantom for you, pm me your email address. Phantom is higher freeboard (same as final decision) but was built lighter ( I think finial decision "Berwick" was over weight ). Phantom has just had a new carbon rig that is a little higher, square top main and has a 3m retracting prod. There is also another one in Waikawa but can't remember the name.

get a ross 780 or thirsty work. there are few racing down there. You could have a lot of fun with thirsty work :D

Is thirsty work lifting keel / trailerable? If not then that won't solve my problem of easy launching in New Plymouth.

I can ask the owner of Phantom for you, pm me your email address. Phantom is higher freeboard (same as final decision) but was built lighter ( I think finial decision "Berwick" was over weight ). Phantom has just had a new carbon rig that is a little higher, square top main and has a 3m retracting prod. There is also another one in Waikawa but can't remember the name.

Thanks will PM you.

get a ross 780 or thirsty work. there are few racing down there. You could have a lot of fun with thirsty work :D

...and yes a Ross 780 is an option too. There was one on trademe last month but gone now.

Archived