Kawau Island yacht club

The word is there will be a meeting called soon and a plan will be presented to move things forward. It is hoped the facility will be up and running again soon. Stuff is happening.

No idea if water is currently available at the wharf though.

Does that REALLY say "Chq to [address]"?

Do people still have cheque books?

I am in Wellington, and I am thinking of joining. I'd love to support KBC... but is it seriously proposed that I mail a cheque to join?

Wow.

I will email them tonight and ask if I can pay in a more modern way. Otherwise I don't think will be able to support them!

• Upvote 1
Does that REALLY say "Chq to [address]"?

Do people still have cheque books?

I am in Wellington, and I am thinking of joining. I'd love to support KBC... but is it seriously proposed that I mail a cheque to join?

Wow.

I will email them tonight and ask if I can pay in a more modern way. Otherwise I don't think will be able to support them!

Let us know the answer Kiwi_bardy! I'm in the same boat would love to join, but do not have a cheque book!

Just got a reply from them. It started with: "What is a cheque book?". Apparently they are in the process of organising a bank account. When they have it, they will announce how you can pay by internet banking. Stand by...

Dear Kawau Island Yacht Club Supporter,

The RNZYS has now given notice of the KIYC AGM. You should have received it already; if not…... a copy is attached for your information.

Please note the AGM is THIS Tuesday!

It is proposed that the KIYC be dissolved so this could be your last chance to vote!

Good news is that the Kawau premises will be open this summer with the RNZYS having signed a lease with the newly formed Kawau Boat Club Inc. This will ensure continued operations for the immediate future.

Dissolving the KIYC does require a majority vote; and would then require the election of a committee to wrap up the club.

Tuesday is an important milestone for the KIYC……and our chance to at least ensure the new club gets the best start it can.

So, come along Tuesday, have a good listen, decide what you want to happen, and vote!

See you there

Chris.

and

Dear KIYC members,

I have been advised that many of you would have liked to attend but cannot make it to the AGM.

If the motion to dissolve the club is carried, it is my hope to be elected to the Special Committee to finalise the KIYC assets and liabilities

If you cannot make it but wish to have a vote, I would be pleased to proxy vote for you.

Just send me an email asking for me to proxy vote on your behalf…and i will!

yours sincerely,

chris.

Chris Dickson MBE

dicksonyachting@gmail.com

021-555-959

Just got a reply from them. It started with: "What is a cheque book?". Apparently they are in the process of organising a bank account. When they have it, they will announce how you can pay by internet banking. Stand by...

Just got an email from them with internet banking, e-registration AND an analogue print it and post it in membership application form. Will update with details here when I get home tonight.

Kawau Island Boating Club opens this weekend, apparently.

• Upvote 1

Here's the email:

Dear boatie,

Thank you so much for your interest in the new Kawau Boating Club.

I apologise for the delay in getting registration information to you, but as you can imagine we have a fair bit on and getting Internet bank accounts up and running, web-sites, e-linkages etc all takes a bit of time – rather more than we ever thought.

But – we are there, and if you click on this link you will be able to register and pay your sub without touching paper or ink. Kawau BC Membership Form

However, just as a precaution ( call me an e- sceptic ) we have also attached an ‘analogue’ rego form.

More to the point though, we are pleased to be able to advise that KBC (re-) opens this weekend , Saturday, with the inaugural regatta on Sunday, compliments our friends from Mahurangi Cruising Club ( more info. from Hugh Gladwell at dorothyandhugh@gmail.com) with prizegiving and the official KBC opening around 6.00. Please note that although food and beverages will be available we may not have fuel running yet.

KBC will be opening permanently around mid-November ( details and timing to follow)

We hope to see to see this weekend. Thank you again for your support.

Kawau Boating Club Foundation Committee

Martin Farrand, Club Captain

David Innes, Hon. Sec.

There's a google docs form where you fill out your details and once you submit it you get to a screen that shows the following:

Membership benefits include: Free water, Free laundry, Free showers, Bar discount

Thank you for registering

Payment Instructions:

Please pay by direct transfer to: Kawau Boating Club,

BNZ Birkenhead, KBC Subscription Account, 02 0112 0128447 002

Reference please enter your surname first, then 2 initials. (eg Smith JB)

Then either scan and send or post this form to our address below. Thank you.

OR:

Post your cheque along with this form to the address below. Thank you

Kawau Boating Club, P.O. Box, 36552, Northcote, Auckland 0748

info@kawaubc.org.nz

I can't actually link through to the google docs form because of the way google docs works, but if you send an email to the email address: info@kawaubc.org.nz they can probabvly send you the link you need to join online.

It's $100.00 to join, or $90.00 if you are a member of an affiliated club.

• Upvote 1