Kawau Island yacht club

We want to support the club so hopefully they will be able to confirm when opening times and whether they will have hot food when open.

We were there on Monday late afternoon and they were closed - they had a big weekend by all accounts and it is now manned by volunteers, so no dramas with that. However it will be important I think to have some regular opening hours as if there is doubt whether it is open, people may not make the effort to head in to support.

We want to support the club so hopefully they will be able to confirm when opening times and whether they will have hot food when open.

We were there on Monday late afternoon and they were closed - they had a big weekend by all accounts and it is now manned by volunteers, so no dramas with that. However it will be important I think to have some regular opening hours as if there is doubt whether it is open, people may not make the effort to head in to support.

that was the problem last time,saw opening hours but were closed

Was at club last week and Did not join as we very really go up to kawau.But needed to buy 10lt diesel members rate was $1.49 and non members $2.49 ripped off I feel,water was $1 per minute non member.But did not feel begrudged the $5 for a nice hot shower after day 5 

I joined when the 'new' club was first mooted/saved. Don't go up there myself much. But it's a piece of our gulf heritage that if we lose it, will never be replaced.

Don't know where you get the idea Harrytom that you were ripped off on diesel:

1. Club charges 20c extra to non club members, not $1 extra as you said. Go look at the club website - they explain the cost difference.

2. Even at $1 extra; you put 10L in and had to pay $10 extra - that's not okay? Even though there's nowhere else to get fuel, even though people like me and many other crew.org people subsidise the club via our annual fees and visiting/spending money to ensure we keep this treasure going - so moaners like you have a place to fuel up. And moan about. While you have your shower that hundreds of members paid fees for to make possible?

3. And you didn't pay $1 extra, you paid 20c - times 10L equals $2. Jeeeeez!!!

With respect, stop moaning.

KAWAU BOATING CLUBNORTHCOTE PO $20.54

No your right I paid $2.054 per lt 10 lts is all I got in my can,from my bank statement and is was the only thing purchased on my card,shower was paid cash as %20 was all I had for 4 showers(4 of us)

I was a member back in the "Shoemakers"day as we were up there all the time

nowadays prefer bottom end/coromandel as not so many crazy gin palaces charging around.

you wherent at bottom end or te kuma last weekend scottie....          must have been 150 boats in te kuma one night

i have not been to kawau for ages...    maybe a short weekend = less people

be sad to lose but how could you make $$$ from it,   we load up fuel at discount these days before going...    take 100L in cans if needed, i did put $150 into matiatia as apprciate water access fopr free, added 600L of water   8)