SSANZ Safety at Sea Triple series

Duty Free

dumb question time:

Tiri channel navy buoy. I recall there is 2 buoys up there? But having not raced around it before, I don't know which one to go around?

dumb question time:

Tiri channel navy buoy. I recall there is 2 buoys up there? But having not raced around it before, I don't know which one to go around?

"The only dumb question is the one you don't ask"

You only need to round the eastern one,

but you can do both as many always do.

dumb question time:

"The only dumb question is the one you don't ask"

You only need to round the eastern one,

but you can do both as many always do.

Great, Thanks Jon

Sorry Wil, you need your own

Maybe I can try Evolution Sails, one of our new sponsors for next year

Large 1m square ones with Evolution on them ?

"Ya never know"

Long range looking light but sunny at this stage, pretty early call with the changeable weather patterns this time of year though.

After much discussion the finance controller has issued a leave pass.

Said controller also likes to see where the questionable investment is during the race.

Something about collecting on the life insurance. Can't really remember as was busy arranging new Antifoul and other prerace prep.

So does any one know if a tracker is running for the triple?

Something like the predict wind one?

Thanks in advance and see you on the water.

Looks like Sat morn may have some showers but see lighter winds for most of the day..... before it starts to pack up again on Sunday. But any speed up or slow down in the systems and stand by for a wet and breezy yacht.

So does any one know if a tracker is running for the triple?

Something like the predict wind one?

I don't know anything about trackers specifically for the race (official or otherwise), but if you just want your nearest and dearest to be able to keep tabs on your progress there are plenty of smart phone apps that will do this. It obviously only works if you're sailing within cell coverage and won't show any other boats unless they decide to install the same app and share their position with you/everyone.

The (free) one I have used a few times is Real Time GPS Tracker by greenalp.com (Android). Your track can be viewed by other phones with the app installed or on a web page from a PC. Seems to work well. Check in times, etc can be configured to minimise drain on your phone battery.

Better get a RIB with a lid KM --you might get wet
Ya Whot???

I was told I had one with a lid, espresso machine, a spa pool and 3 hot chicks to hand feed me grapes. Are you trying to tell me that I may have been conned??

He did graciously offer me his herd to milk instead but I'm knot seeing that as a drier option :lol:

Archived