The Yates Cup

Aussie

That's the old ssanz barrier triple long course

Needed more than just 1 21 pc catering pack of kfc and 1 slab of lion reds for that one

Starting look like the good old days long races every weekend. :D :D

When the men where men and the women knew it. :wink:

And we wore jeans, rugby jerseys & Line 7 PVC gear.

This is a great course

I really enjoyed the 2011 race

Going up the back of the Barrier and rounding the needles at dark then sailing into the dawn coming back to the Hen and Chicks

Hell yes, EPICNESS!

Motorboat is definitely in for this.

I have mentioned it before but BooBoo and I are doing the ssanz, coastal and then whatever this race was gonna be (I was hoping for 3 kings but that's another story) all 2 handed so each races builds on the last and it makes a much bigger program than just the ssanz.

It would be great if there are other boats keen on the same thing (I think you mentioned you were keen sally?), we could make an unofficial series of it (unless ssanz wants to support it somehow???), entry fee = 2 bottles of rum per boat, winner takes all (but all entrants get a chance to drink as much of it as they can first at the dock party after the Yates Cup)

so whos in????

wow ... i remember doing that race in the 70's on a 1/2 tonner Tramp ... it's my birthday today and this makes me feel really old........ :cry:

yup.... definately under serious consideration for the Oracle campaign next year...

fully crewed?..too easy..

2 handed getting there?

solo .... that would be a challenge.

yes i remember the 2011 race... going past channel with 30-35 behind us was great... doing the entire race with average of about 30kn was

well also great ....

That would be because you are.

Shouldn't you be in the cruising chat room now :lol:oh

Keri Cruising Club "FUN DIVISION" for Pumbaaaaaa Lamb.

Hell yes, EPICNESS!

Motorboat is definitely in for this.

I have mentioned it before but BooBoo and I are doing the ssanz, coastal and then whatever this race was gonna be (I was hoping for 3 kings but that's another story) all 2 handed so each races builds on the last and it makes a much bigger program than just the ssanz.

It would be great if there are other boats keen on the same thing (I think you mentioned you were keen sally?), we could make an unofficial series of it (unless ssanz wants to support it somehow???), entry fee = 2 bottles of rum per boat, winner takes all (but all entrants get a chance to drink as much of it as they can first at the dock party after the Yates Cup)

so whos in????

I'll be on Unitec II with the same schedule of races planned, also two handed. Add AKL-TAU and R66 (singlehanded).

Archived