Another NorEaster on its way!

Rats

Tutukaka peaking 81, average 63 at the moment.

Channel Is - 74, 65

Tiri - 72, 58

Bean - 53, 44

Mokes - 77, 60

All out of the east

Hang in there shed..........

I have 18,000kg of mooring chains arriving on Friday, that's good timing........... for a bad reason :?

Boat shed looking a tad 2nd hand this morning. Boat's OK and dry, so far, but lots of flapping plastic to patch up. I just hope it holds together until this blows over. I tried to do a fix this morning but it's like trying to pack a very very angry spinnaker.

Wouldn't be surprised at that wave height at all. It really has been very very windy for a very sustained period. I thought it had dropped a bit and went outside and its still blowing a good 40-50 knots.

This pic is from sheltered Parua Bay and it did not blow as hard here as it did further north. Waves only turn up here in an easterly, and surf is unusual. This boat is 40 odd foot, and steel. Good thing it missed the rocks on one side and hasn't got tangled up in the trees.

1-P7090001.JPG

Haven't heard anything from out that way. I imagine the boats in Urquarts should be okay with this wind direction. The water where his mooring was is very shallow, so a horrible chop develops which makes the boats behave in jerking ways moorings have difficulty in supporting. If I hear anything I will post here.

Oh, there is another one now I think of it....the mooring maintenance barge is over by the golf course somewhere. He got blown or broken off a mooring not far from the boat in the pic.

Am on the pick in Whangarei harbour opposit Northsands boat yard, had a gust of 115 knots come through at about 7.30 last night. Thank goodnes i invested in heavy anchor gear,

Archived