Teak Mouldings

OK guys - need a bit of advice...

Going to build a table for cruising on the 88.. (Unless anyone has an 88 table they want to sell!).

Thinking of doing the capping/moulding around the edge the easy way and buying pre-made teak moulding.

I see fosters sell some - http://www.fostersshipchandlery.co.nz/a ... -TEAK.html

Is there anywhere else you can get it direct? (So i dont have to pay $30 per corner and $100 each side! - Will get quite expensive).

It doesnt need to be teak i dont think - other suggestions welcome - Likewise where is the best place to get the timber (Ply?) for the table top?

Thanks to those that suggested Mitchells joinery - I have had a great experience dealing with them so far - very well priced and prompt replies.

For something that seemed hard to do (Making the teak edging for the table) they have made it all very easy for me - so i can highly recommend dealing with them too :-)

Cheers guys

I would be inclined not to use ply as ply when it gets the odd nicks and scrapes it looks like S#%t, probably be best to use solid timber as its easier to remove bumps and bruises which all tables will eventually get.

Yeah havent thought that far apart there Craig! You know me - I dont plan that far ahead!

Was thinking of ply, or teak veneer ply but the point above is probably true too.... Hmm i want something not too heavy so the guys dont make me keep removing it from the boat!